Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to polaris and this forum but had a quick question. I got the machine home and noticed when i started riding every once in a while i heard what sounded like rocks hitting the plastic from the front left side. realizing that it wasnt rocks and something from the machine any ideas what it could be?

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I'd have to agree too..... pull the foot well (will also need to pull push rivets from the rear cab body panel on that side under seat to do this easily), and remove the belt housing cover to inspect the belt. I'll bet you find shards/strings of belt. If so, go buy yourself a new belt.

Than clean up the clutches as long as your in there..... note: set up a box fan behind you blowing outside and than take compressed air and blow out the clutchs (the box fan keeps the rubber dust out of your face!!). When done with that take scotch brite pads and "clean" the primary in an outward (center to outside) motion on both sheeves. Wipe down with rubbing alcohol, allow or blow dry and install new belt. Put it all back together and allow the new belt to warm up/break in with a nice easy ride..... all should be well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts