Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 02 sportsman the awd wouldn't work. Nothing on my pod did, so I reground the factory grounds and everything worked great.... for a few days. It started grounding the motor out and won't run with it grounded. Any suggestions on how to get my pod and awd working again?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
...On my 02 sportsman the awd wouldn't work. Any suggestions on how to get my pod and awd working again?
Not sure about the pod but here's a ground fix for the awd on sportsmans:
Luck. :cowboy:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is what I did, pod and awd started working. Then it started killing the motor so I had to go back and undo it. Runs perfect in 2wd again

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
That doesn't make sense - the two systems aren't related. Besides how could it work a few days then not? Something else developed by coincidence, now to find it. :cowboy:

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 1994 400L 4x4 is going crazy in the electrical system. the AWD only pulls the right front and both rears. Some times when you shift in reverse it kills the engine, some times the key switch won't shut the engine down nor will the kill switch.
I think the whole problem boils down to the ground and I need to get at it soon. I believe all the systems are related thru the ground/s

:D Al

·
Registered
325 Posts
I did that same fix and it has worked fine. So far

1 - 6 of 6 Posts