Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sportsman 850XP just wanna go strait ahead in sharp turns in longer turns its not that big problem. Anyone that experienced the same problem. I have the original suspension. We have vinter here in Sweden now so i have studs in my tires but it does not help. Is ther to much power to the rear weels compared to the front weels. Greatful for help

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds like you might be in need of radial tires, radial tire do not roll onto their sidewall when you turn real hard like bias ply tires do. Google ITP Mud Lite XTR. I am assuming that you are currently on bias ply tires.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
try slightly using your hand brake while turning, you will feel the front dip a little bit. This should help your turning problem a little bit. It gives the front a little more pressure and with that a little more control.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ya, on a bone stock 850, I do find myself having to modulate the hand brake to help plant the front end to make it bite harder in the turns.

I have noticed that with better tires now that offer more side wall tracton, did help quite a bit over the original tires. Also, adding the weight of a bumper winch, a full front storage box also helped to plant the front end a lot better, so much so I seldome ever have to use the brake to dip the nose anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts