Polaris ATV Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
There is no easy way to get that shaft off. Some stand 4x4 on end and work from underside. Lots of PB Blaster and getting that pin driven out. Then more PB Blaster and keep on keepin on. Universal joints from Auto Parts store. As for 4x4 stuck. Try removing the electrical wire connection at the from diff. If 4x4 still engaged may be looking at replacing the coil or plate inside which means removal and rebuild as needed. No easy out with that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
have 05 MV7 replacing ujoints frt and reat prop shafts. rear was bad had to remove all bolts in rear diff to get enough play to remove and reinstall. Front prop shaft had to loosen front diff to get shaft out. Now having impossible time to get frt shaft back in loosened eng mt still not enough room to get rear yoke on transfer case shaft. Anybody have a trick for getting yoke back on shaft???

·
Registered
203 Posts
Been a while since I've done it but it seems once i removed the engine mount bolts I had to raise the engine a little to get it done. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been a while since I've done it but it seems once i removed the engine mount bolts I had to raise the engine a little to get it done. Good luck.
My front propshaft which I had to force out has new u-joints and now I can slide yoke back on, it slides in about a half inch and stops like its hitting something on splines. I cleaned male and female ends but still no luck, suggestions? Heat?

·
9,210 Posts
No heat will ruin the seal. a little grease and light tapping should work it on there easily if you don't have it fouled on something.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for insight, will try to tap in. Had same issue pulling it off at that same spot. I thought it was the seal so removed it to see if it slid in easier but no-go.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts