Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is it that Polaris designs an ATV track system, has CAMSO build the track system but nobody from Polaris is available for technical support? I’ve had Polaris refer me to CAMSO who refuses to answer questions. Who in the Polaris world supports their tracks???

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
I think someone is giving you a hard time. Polaris, if you bought the track system there, would support it. Maybe it was a dealer option?
What's your question/issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the parts are interchangeable. The plastic drive sprockets are either 18 tooth or 20 tooth. I support four Polaris 850’s on tracks used to groom cross country ski trails. Some have 18 tooth sprockets aft and 20 tooth sprockets forward.. some have 18 tooth sprockets on all four corners. Nobody from Polaris can determine which set up is correct. We have one 2010, two 2014 and one 2016 ATVS. I’ve spent too much time looking on the internet, calling Polaris, visiting dealers and reading manuals.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Have yopu looked at the chart CAMSO has? I have never seen a 20 tooth sproket advertised. Size of the sproket, mostly, has to do with the power of the machine; that and drive ratio differences between front and rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m unable to open the CAMSO document. Even though CAMSO builds them CAMSO provides no support.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Polaris part number 2205432 is the 20 tooth sprocket. 2205433 is the 18 tooth sprocket.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
That's right - CAMSO sells to Distributors and they sell to dealers. Dealers are the support - I have had very good luck with ATVTRACKS.NET. Very knowlegable guys. They use what they sell and know the systems inside-out.
Here's a link to the complete CAMSO fitment guide CAMSO FITMENT GUIDE
I see no reference to a 20 T sproket - got to be a Polaris Prospector Pro thing. Good luck finding someone to support that system, I can understand why CAMSO and/or a CAMSO dealer is not going to be of much help. Wonder what other parts are different and why they don't just use a standard CAMSO product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts