Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to put heavy duty connecting rods in my 2015 850 sportsman. I've seen to many crank case blow outages from connecting rods snapping. So I have been looking CP doesn't make anything for the 850/1000 prostar engines. Does anyone know where I can go? Most appreciated. As I am installing a nos kit in my machine but will not put it in until the engine is bullet proof.

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
No engine is bulletproof and trying to extract power that the engine was not designed to produce is asking for failure.

Keith Black sells $30,000 engines for drag racing - they come with no warranty - regardless of who builds it or what parts are put into it, it can be destroyed. Especially by an inexperienced mechanic or driver.

Contact Cosworth and see if they can make some custom rods - about $1000 a pair and no warranty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not worried about any warranty. Found a place that builds connecting rods and pistons. Going that route. Stock rods I've seen snap at the piston and take put the casing. Every polaris owner has seen a pic or post about this. Now if you just drive trails or maybe a farm machine you probably wont have to worry. I am building a machine for deep mud water and power with a shot of juice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts