Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone and let me first extend a HUGE thank you for all of your posts that informed and reassured me in purchasing my first "real" wheeler! I am now the proud owner of a 2014 570 Sportsman Touring in beautiful Bright White. All I can say is WOW! It is incredible. Talk about power. I suppose that the 800's must have more power, but I have no clue what it could be used for, as here at 5000 feet above sea level this 570 is scary enough. I have read a number of forums and posts where folks hemmed and hawed about these so called "value" machines with an overall good opinion of them. I am so happy I could poop a little! I researched it in depth before I purchased it, and I think that I made a great choice. So anybody that has any questions or comments for me, PLEASE, by all means let me know! I am happy to return the favor if you have any questions before you go out and drop a couple paychecks on one. I have two questions that I could not find an answer to that I hope somebody could help me with, 1. my rear axle appears to be locked, but I cannot determine if it is limited slip or indeed mechanically locked. There is only 1 disc break for the axle on the right wheel which leads me to believe it is probably mechanically locked. 2. The AWD system does not have wires running down to the hubs on the front for the Hilliard system that I have read about. I have looked and felt all over the strut towers and there is nothing else there. I am assuming that they have done something where the transfer case now automatically engages/disengages the front drive shaft which is always coupled to the front wheels. Yes, No, Maybe??? And I assume as well the front diff is locked at all times then?? I cannot find this info anywhere right now. Any info is appreciated. Thanx again everyone, happy to be here.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Congrats Enjoy it. I love my 570 touring

·
Registered
454 Posts
Congrats. For the money, there is no other competitor out there so it just boils down to which 2-up Polaris you want. You would need turf mode such as what the x2 has in order to unlock the rear diff. The 570 does not have it.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Welcome!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts