Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So like the title says we the wife and I picked up a new 2018 570 touring EPS. This will be the Mrs wheeler. She has actually never ridden except for a very little around the house. But we figured it would be nice to be able to ride together with the option of taking one of the kiddos. Going to do a couple of upgrades before it hits the trails. On the short list is Iron Baltic full skids, Guru bumpers front and rear, Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires, Raceline Black Momba beadlocks, Polaris front rack extender, and an OGIO front Honcho semi rigid bag. I'll be doing a winch but I wanted to see how the wiring was done before I decide on a Warn or Polaris setup. Also I'll be doing a 10" Rigid Industries LED light bar which I will have John at Guru fab mounts on the front bumper for. With all the great things I hear about the 570 it was an easy purchase to make.

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'd definitely recommend the polaris winch for simplicity aspect. It is literally a 15 minute install.
So like the title says we the wife and I picked up a new 2018 570 touring EPS. This will be the Mrs wheeler. She has actually never ridden except for a very little around the house. But we figured it would be nice to be able to ride together with the option of taking one of the kiddos. Going to do a couple of upgrades before it hits the trails. On the short list is Iron Baltic full skids, Guru bumpers front and rear, Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires, Raceline Black Momba beadlocks, Polaris front rack extender, and an OGIO front Honcho semi rigid bag. I'll be doing a winch but I wanted to see how the wiring was done before I decide on a Warn or Polaris setup. Also I'll be doing a 10" Rigid Industries LED light bar which I will have John at Guru fab mounts on the front bumper for. With all the great things I hear about the 570 it was an easy purchase to make.
Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Nice new quad! There's times I wished I would've looked into the touring, but I'm happy with my first Polaris. You might look at heavier front springs too, one of the first upgrades I did because the front end would dive when slowing to turn or when plowing.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Nice - I just picked up the same one.

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd definitely recommend the polaris winch for simplicity aspect. It is literally a 15 minute install.
Dually noted. Talking with the dealer these new Polaris winches are well built. I'm a Warn guy and really like the fact that I can order any part that comes in one of their winches. It's going to be a tough decision!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice new quad! There's times I wished I would've looked into the touring, but I'm happy with my first Polaris. You might look at heavier front springs too, one of the first upgrades I did because the front end would dive when slowing to turn or when plowing.
Good point!!! I upgraded my springs on the 800. All 4 corners with EPI's. No complaints with the Polaris HD fronts so far?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Good point!!! I upgraded my springs on the 800. All 4 corners with EPI's. No complaints with the Polaris HD fronts so far?
Nope, holding up just fine.

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Packages are starting to arrive :dance:. Iron Baltic HDPE plastic full skids. Hoping to start bolting parts on but you know LIFE and all :crying:.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
That’s awesome bp!
Happy to hear.

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That’s awesome bp!
Happy to hear.
Yes sir getting excited!!!! Have a few more goodies on order and I'll update the thread as I get them.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,512 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,022 Posts
Nice. I know the wife and I both really like ours. Like you, I'm a big fan of Warn winches, and have my old Warn XT25 mounted on mine, and a Warn Vantage 3000 on my wife's. Easy enough to wire up, but you will have to buy the mounting plate.
Be careful you don't spend too much time on it breaking it in and gathering info for an honest review of it, or I predict another new 570 T in your future... :grin

Still about the best pricing on Warn winches.
https://4wheelonline.com/atv/ATV_Winches.415

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice. I know the wife and I both really like ours. Like you, I'm a big fan of Warn winches, and have my old Warn XT25 mounted on mine, and a Warn Vantage 3000 on my wife's. Easy enough to wire up, but you will have to buy the mounting plate.
Be careful you don't spend too much time on it breaking it in and gathering info for an honest review of it, or I predict another new 570 T in your future... :grin

Haha we will see. I'm thinking potentially something in the realm of 1000cc but the 570 might change my mind. I will be taking it to Hatfield & McCoy in a few weeks. We'll be down there riding for 6 days so I'll get a good feel for it.

For some reason I thought the newer models were pre-wired for the integrated Polaris winch setups. But after to a little looking I believe my 570 is setup just like my 800 was. No special wiring just the power cables. So Warn it will be.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts

Haha we will see. I'm thinking potentially something in the realm of 1000cc but the 570 might change my mind. I will be taking it to Hatfield & McCoy in a few weeks. We'll be down there riding for 6 days so I'll get a good feel for it.

For some reason I thought the newer models were pre-wired for the integrated Polaris winch setups. But after to a little looking I believe my 570 is setup just like my 800 was. No special wiring just the power cables. So Warn it will be.
Don’t settle bp, you’ve been eye-balling a 1000 for a while now.
You will love the 570 I’m sure but step into a 1000 and you’ll never look back.

·
Registered
69 Posts

They are pre wired all you really have to do is run the power cables and connect a few connectors.

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Don’t settle bp, you’ve been eye-balling a 1000 for a while now.
You will love the 570 I’m sure but step into a 1000 and you’ll never look back.
Yeah something about power sliding EVERY turn and launching off EVERY water dam puts the goofiest smile on my face. I know a Scramy 1K is the perfect machine for that task.

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

They are pre wired all you really have to do is run the power cables and connect a few connectors.

Cool thanks for the vid :beer:.

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
These showed up today. Looks like I'll be mounting some Maxxis Bighorn 2.0's to these this weekend! :big-grin
They are Raceline Black Momba beadlocks, 14x7 in a 4+3 offset.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 243 Posts