Polaris ATV Forum banner

241 - 243 of 243 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Rut Ro fingers crossed for you Sprotsman!!!! Keep us posted!!

On a more positive note I am getting ever so close to FINALLY getting the 570 to where I want it. So today I pulled it out and started re-installing the Iron Baltic skid plates. What happened is down at Hatfield & McCoy last October the hardware was coming loose. Well upon getting home and pulling the plates off then inspecting the root of the problem. I found it, the metal plates that that tie the panels together and that anchor the bolts were to thin a gauge of metal. So after contemplating whether to re-use them with adding flanged nuts via MIG welding them. I then decided to go another route and just use a heavier gauge of metal and just drill n tap them. Well it was a good bit of work but I'm getting there and pleased with the outcome so far. I will hopefully finish tomorrow. This is what I have so far.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Tested Ricks VR and FAILED! Had a Polaris OEM spare, the Forward Bias Negative Lead Test on that one shows fail but when I originally took it out I wasn’t having problems with it. I put that one in and seems to be charging, starts right up. I’m going for One and Done with Cycle Worx! Maybe Rick will warranty it, but I’ll carry that as spare. Gonna still try and ride tomorrow. Your smart for doing that bp, you can’t beef these up enough!

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Good luck Sprotsman!!! Good thing you brought the old VR!!

241 - 243 of 243 Posts