Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
01 trailblazer pull cord will not catch. It moves freely in and out but will not catch to start. The piece I am pointing at seems to be getting stuck.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
As you pull the cord the silver piece at 6 oclock should rotate out and catch the flywheel. Lube the whole thing up and see if it loosens up and starts working. Nothing looks broken from what I can see.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did that last night I put liquid wrench on it moved it around and still sticks. Any more suggestions.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried that also, I would turn side to side but not pull out. I will try it again but with a little more force./

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So Now I was putting cover back on and a gear came loose, small one on the lower left side. Not sure how it goes back in put I did my best and now it starts but not all the time what is the little gear called so I can research it and try to put back in properly ?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I would try looking at any online oem parts site at the diagram of the recoil and see if that helps you fit it together. I'm not sure what the technical name of the part you are taking about is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts