Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 sportsman 400, and it doesn't have a pull start/recoil. I can see where that maybe handy to have. How hard would it be to add one if it's possible? And if it is, has anyone done one that can share the knowledge?

Thanks,

·
Registered
361 Posts
Instead of dumping all that money on parts for a pull start I would just get a battery tender and a set of atv jumper cables ($10).

·
Registered
107 Posts
Instead of dumping all that money on parts for a pull start I would just get a battery tender and a set of atv jumper cables ($10).
Both items are good to have, but neither will do you any good if you have a problem when you are alone in the woods. I like having that extra bit of insurance available, if needed.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Good point!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I realize the 400 has a carb, I think it would better to spend the money on a spare battery and mount. EFi models wont work with recoil.:hmmm: Just my Opinion

·
Registered
39 Posts
recoil

I realize the 400 has a carb, I think it would better to spend the money on a spare battery and mount. EFi models wont work with recoil.:hmmm: Just my Opinion

Why do you think a recoil wont work with an EFI motor? Unless something has recently changed I think you are wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts