Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a 2014 570 sportsman, my Father in law has a 2014 850xp we were sent up two 3500 lb winches from our dealer, and they arrived when the dealer is closed, I received two different part numbers, 2880434 which I believe is for mine, but is actually only for a 2015 not 2014, and then a part # 2878789 which I believe is for the 850xp but the polaris website lists it as fitting both... Any insight to this would be appreciated. I think the 2880434 is for the 570 and it is missing the wiring harness from the switch in the handle bar to the winch, as the 2015 comes pre-wired. Am I correct?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I'm pretty annoyed that they did not send the wiring harness and like I said, I am super close to returning the winch and buying a runva....

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was frustrated and had that conversation with my parts guy as well. Its a new scenario for them as well. Apparently this happened to enough people and parts dealers with unhappy customers that Polaris sent all their parts dealers a special memo about the new requirement. That resulted in such a large order from various places adding the harness to their stock that it went into a back order status.

I really like the new setup, its super easy to install and runs well. Bit of a fail on their roll out of the new model and retro-fit wire harness. I will say though I went and found the part online and it says clearly the harness is required. I think most dealers and people just didn't pay any attention to the fine print since they've never had to order two parts at the same time. I sent this pic to them to short circuit the "no it should work" conversation.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The dealer I got mine from is still in the dark I guess, they even sent me an aftermarket KFI winch bracket with the integrated hitch... I wasn't billed for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts