Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one? Do you like it? Does it protect your hands from the wind at all? Would you buy it again or go for the mid?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nooooo. Well yeah. But this is for the wifes machine.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I think MustBeNice has one, maybe he will chime in.

The ones by VipAir are great but spendy.ATV windshields by VIP-AIR

I want one. And I also want one of ridinagains qsc clutch kits ;-)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have one, it's not bad. It does not protect your hands from the wind. The wind it deflects in the middle seems to hit me in the neck. I wanted it for when it's cold and nasty, so I upgraded to the med windshield. It blocks the wind for your hands. The wind deflected in the middle seems to hit me on the top of the head- doesn't matter because of the helmet. Also you can still see over it not looking too far out in front of you. I'd recommend the med windshield. Good luck

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have one, it's not bad. It does not protect your hands from the wind. The wind it deflects in the middle seems to hit me in the neck. I wanted it for when it's cold and nasty, so I upgraded to the med windshield. It blocks the wind for your hands. The wind deflected in the middle seems to hit me on the top of the head- doesn't matter because of the helmet. Also you can still see over it not looking too far out in front of you. I'd recommend the med windshield. Good luck
My wife is about 5'6". How tall are you? Maybe the low will be ok for her.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have the tall, but kinda wish I'd have gotten the mid. When I replace this one I'll get the mid, I thought I'd take it off in warm weather but it stays on all year long. Helps with the dust in summer and cold too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm not tall 5'6'' If your looking for protection from the cold for her I'd do the medium

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Definitely go with the mid. I have the low black polaris shield and it doesnt block much at all. Im also planning on getting the mid just for winter riding.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thought about the low, but purchased the mid in smoke. Don't regret it. Keeps the wind off the hands and the neck. Glad I did not buy the high.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Thought about the low, but purchased the mid in smoke. Don't regret it. Keeps the wind off the hands and the neck. Glad I did not buy the high.
I heard OK ne guy had an issue with glare, believe it was the clear one. How is the smoke tint when its sunny out??

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I got the low with the hand guards and I am 5' 10" and it works pretty well and looks great

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Sorry I didn't see this till now..... I'd have to say the low-pro is "for looks". With hand guards it may be okay, but still wind in the face! I bought a mid for the wife, she liked it.... but when the dust stuck to it and the setting sun glared.... momma wasn't happy. I picked it up used, so I didn't feel bad trimming 3.5" off the top. I then recapped it with the black automotive door edge trim from Fleet Farm (and a little super glue). For her 5'7" tall build it's just about right now, as she can see over it just fine but still offers protection.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
the wind in face was not a issue, I wear a helmet all the time, but he does throw the wind around you

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
I wear a helmet when playing, but do not wear one when plowing the driveway and alley way..... otherwise I like a little wind in the face. But for chest wind / muscle fatigue on a long ride, I'd have to say it's for looks. But it looks damb cool!! I was lucky and scored mine of CL for $75 with not a scratch on it, still looked like it just came out of the box. I bought the wife's off of CL to for $35, it had just a couple light scratches. I perfer not to look through a shield, but rather over a shield by 2-3". Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I bought one to protect my body from the wind and it does a great job at that. I'm 6'0 and the wind is deflected into the helmet area which is not a problem if you have a closed faced helmet. You will need handguards in cold weather though even with warmers. I actually just ordered a Black/Red set of Polaris hand guards like the ones they use on sleds to keep the wind off the top of my hands.

Here is a picture of it on when the bike was new:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts