Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixing to change my oil on my 2012 850 Touring and can get Purolator local.
Does anyone know the filter number?

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is the PL-14610 the same size? What is the difference? TIA

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Just as long as the numbers are "14610", you should be good. The first alpha digit or two are the series..... Standard/Classic vs. PureOne.

Example:

L14610 = Purolator (Standard / Classic) Filter

PL14610 = Purolator PureOne (Premium) Filter

I personally run the "L" version found at Wal-mart. I also run the 3.5" version (L14614) on my value line Sportsman...... but I think you XP riders can't, as it will be too long and stick out to far. But I may be wrong on that!

·
Registered
34 Posts
man theres a lot of Purolator filter numbers on here I got 4 to choose from so far im lost now

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
has any one noticed if the puralators they been getting that the can feels thinner....we got a case in yesterday to service mail delivery trucks...and we noticed the cans seemed thinner...our supervisor was going to call on it...compared to an old one we took off it did seen thinner...just curious....

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Wouldn't want it any longer than the 14610 or it would stick out the hole in the bottom on the 550-850 that's the one I use..There have been people who have had a stick go up intp hole and punctured the filter, My son had it happen, so I made a cover to go over hole, 1/8 inch plate with 2 screws to hold it if he wouldn't have noticed the smoke and smell when it happened would have ruined engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts