Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just install 26" bighorns and have a 1/4" clearance on the passenger side steering arm. Do I need to run spacers (I have them, but I can return them), or as long as its not touching Im good?

·
Premium Member
10,349 Posts
I would run the spacers. 1/4" isn't much. a lot of guys that run stock rims and bigs use a minimum 1/4" spacer. what r the specs on the spacers?

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I run spacers. I believe your 2014 800 and my 13 500 are essentially the same as far as body and suspension.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would run the spacers. 1/4" isn't much. a lot of guys that run stock rims and bigs use a minimum 1/4" spacer. what r the specs on the spacers?
1" spacers.

Why not take it for a ride and see if they rub?
They dont up and down the street, but dont know about the trail.

·
Premium Member
10,349 Posts
if u have a solid 1/4" of spacing I would ride it and keep a close eye on it for the first few times out. u can always bring the spacers when u go out riding and install them on the trail if u noticed any rubbing.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
unless you're adding some sort of pressure to the top of the tire while you're riding there shouldn't be any rubbing with 1/4 of clearance. But if you're in thick/deep mud you've got a better chance of catching a rock or something that stuck to the side of the tire in the mud with it and have the potential of ripping a side wall. So it depends on the type of riding you do and the terrain you are on. For me, the mud I see 1, isn't deep, 2, isn't thick so it's not overly sticky. and 3, usually has a lot of water over it to "rinse" the wheels/tires a little before they rotate up to the suspension components.

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
unless you're adding some sort of pressure to the top of the tire while you're riding there shouldn't be any rubbing with 1/4 of clearance. But if you're in thick/deep mud you've got a better chance of catching a rock or something that stuck to the side of the tire in the mud with it and have the potential of ripping a side wall. So it depends on the type of riding you do and the terrain you are on. For me, the mud I see 1, isn't deep, 2, isn't thick so it's not overly sticky. and 3, usually has a lot of water over it to "rinse" the wheels/tires a little before they rotate up to the suspension components.
^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
482 Posts
X3 on NO spacers. I'm comfortable to 1/8" of clearance.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
What air pressure are running?

·
Super Moderator
7,048 Posts
1/4" is plenty. No need for spacers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Big Horn 2.0 or original Big Horns?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
That's why they clear, they are 2.0s. Original BHs in 26x9x12 will not fit on the front of a stock 2011+ Value model.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen?? LOL!!

Seriously...just keep an eye on the front...and add the spacers if needed.

biz
:veryhappy:

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I have about 1/4" of clearance on the 500 and 1/2" on the 300. NO issues with either.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts