Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow the wiring harness from fuse box and up over battery
between fuse block and battery by the upper radiator mount on right side the wiring harness is so tight around radiator mount mine was rubbed threw almost to the copper, what where they thinking and also to get at the negative post on battery is almost impossible with that harness so tight over battery here is a pic showing where mine rubbed threw
the pen is showing where it rubs and it is a sharp corner

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep brand new, and yes it will go back but wanted to ride today

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
From what I hear Polaris is famous for disaster wiring.

Last fall when I brought my 550 home from the farm I noticed that my throttle cable had worn out from where it goes into the pod with about 60 hrs-800km...low usage and for the most part just working around the farm..If memory serves me right it was $80 for a new cable...
Owing this Polaris I have learned to check the little things.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wiring

Yep, the wiring on both our 2013 XP's leaves a bit to be desired.
I know that copper is expensive, but I'm sure they could add a bit of length to the wiring harnesses when they are built and it would likely save some headache time for the consumers.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Battery Bolt Size

What size are the bolts that hold battery cables onto the battery? Going install winch wires and battery tender leads. 2013 850 xp

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
depending on the Battery

·
Registered
434 Posts
10mm for the battery bolts on both of my quads

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
What size are the bolts that hold battery cables onto the battery? Going install winch wires and battery tender leads. 2013 850 xp
I think mine are all 3/8ths or 10mm, (same thing).

Sean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts