Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another wow factor from me..
Just got my bike back from getting a QSC clutch installed.
Before I could barely hit 30kms with my new tires after not a problem hitting it in the same stretch almost as close to the same as when I had stock tires on..
Could be the best mod I have done to my bike as of yet, next to the tires :) Fwiw, I went with 1800 engagement
Cant say enough good about Ryan/Ridinagain
Answered my many questions timely and politely, as Im fairly new to mods and bikes in general, im sure it gets repetitive for him..
Shipping to Canada was very fast and had tracking.
Thank you so much.. Cant wait for this snow to go and get out to play..
Keep up the good work
Cheers

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Awesome..... glad to hear it!

I hope to get together with some of the other MN riders this summer, which have clutch kits so I can see/feel the difference. I think our 400 could use one, but the wife is fine with her machine the way it is (type of deal).... and to me I wonder what a kit could do to the 800, as I think it's already snappy - ballsy enough!!??

·
Registered
378 Posts
That's good to hear. Ryan will appreciate it. :)

Did you replace the belt while they had the clutch replaced? If so, Take time to "break in" the belt properly....Not a huge deal but you want to seat it good..( You have this question answered on another post I just read...:) )

I installed the kit from Ryan on my 05' 800 and I am impressed with it. My brother was even surprised on how smooth it is now. Much better than stock by far. Haven't really hit her hard just yet due to the NEW belt and the weather.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya, they replaced it when they put the clutch in,,
I told them before it went in to check it and that I was having some slippage issues.
The slippage was with the stock tires at the end of the summer, gave me the old belt to keep incase anything every happens and I need a quick replacement till I could get in to the shop or get a new one.. The old belt looked good, they just said it was thin.. No clue what that really means, but want everything good to go for spring..
They never said anything about a break in period but after reading tons of posts and threads I recalled seeing a break in period for a new belt.. Maybe I should have done both posts in the same thread, but find some post go unanswered so I did two..
Breaking it in , just means no heavy play in the mud or high speeds correct? How long should I go on breaking it in??

·
Registered
378 Posts
Ya, they replaced it when they put the clutch in,,
I told them before it went in to check it and that I was having some slippage issues.
The slippage was with the stock tires at the end of the summer, gave me the old belt to keep incase anything every happens and I need a quick replacement till I could get in to the shop or get a new one.. The old belt looked good, they just said it was thin.. No clue what that really means, but want everything good to go for spring..
They never said anything about a break in period but after reading tons of posts and threads I recalled seeing a break in period for a new belt.. Maybe I should have done both posts in the same thread, but find some post go unanswered so I did two..
Breaking it in , just means no heavy play in the mud or high speeds correct? How long should I go on breaking it in??

When the belt rotates in the clutches at its high rate of speed, over time it reduces the life of the belt as the clutches move in and out. The slippage could be that the belt is thinner than the clutches are fully closed. All depends on how long that belt has been on the machine and how it has been ridden. In your case, Its a good backup now for emergencies :)

Good to know everything is doing well for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts