Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the more I read, the more I seem to find more power isn't hard to come by on the 1000.

So I've ordered the qsc clutch kit today, going to peel off the air box lid as soon as that's installed. My dealer is also searching for exhaust systems and a pcv. Anyone have a real clue what I'm looking at for gains here? This thing is already very torquey, should this be a real noticeable difference? If anyone knows about tweaking these things, or knows someone on here who does, I would love some info! Thanks for anyones input, suggestions, etc!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ok as far as the air box I just removed the rubber snorkel on top of the air box and put a K&N in. I am not a big mud guy but I like to go fast like "Ricky Bobby"
Exhaust I know Speedworx has a single slip on can but I'm going to try to hold out in hopes someone makes a light weight dual
PCV is great I've used them in the past but you will need a dyno to tune or you have to get the autotune. I prefer to have everything tuned to the max so I will tune mine on a dyno with a load
From what I have heard there probably will not be big gains in the exhaust maybe 3-4 rwhp but if you tune if good you should probably pick up another 3-4 (I hope)

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I can give you some good info on getting more out of it, but won't post it as most of it is still kind of secret till after mud nationals when everyone sees it and gets their behinds handed to them on the race track. With the clutch kit, slip on, and intake work there is 10+ hp at the wheels with very little work.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to know! My qsc kit is ordered, as are efx 27" paddles for 14s, still looking for exhaust etc. I would love to squeeze a little more out of it! Already spreading the good word on QSC for ya guys. Any help I could possibly get would be just awesome!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be awesome, will you be around tomorrow? Really appreciate the help man, this thing is just night and day difference from my basically stock 850.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
8-6 central time. If I don't answer it's because I'm neck deep in burned down sleds. There are 6 motors in various stages of tear down in the shop right now.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a problem. I dont know when my kit will make it up to alberta so no rush. I can even call next week if you're real busy, whatever works!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just goes to show ya, "Too much is never enough!!!"

I bet there are plenty folks out there that will say we don't need more power that what the 1000 puts down stock. The day I got mine I was already thinking programmer and clutch kit.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Let me know when you are ready for both and I can set you up. The programmers for the 1000 are probably a month or 2 away yet though. Clutch kits are ready though!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ridin - my dealer said he placed the order today, I'm not sure if it's from QSC directly or not, I would assume so. I try to purchase most aftermarket parts through him so there's a no hassle warranty. When are the mud nationals? I'm dying to know the dirt on these secret mods. Really appreciate all your replies, I don't have the kit yet so maybe I'll hold off on the phone call, but I'll definitely be recommending you to everyone!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
No 1000 kit orders yesterday for me. Must have gone straight to QSC. No worries. Mud nationals start the 21st I believe. Always appreciate the recommendations.

·
Registered
388 Posts
That ridinagain is one fine fellow:)
Now buddy ol pal any secrets curb doesn't know:flowers1:

·
Registered
388 Posts
It's all over the place now. 5-6hp with clutch kit, 2-3 with slip on, and another 5-6 with more air. All at the wheels.
hey... Ridin
Anyone do any testing on slip on exhaust or a full system that you know of?
seriously thinking about the Big Gun full system it has an X pipe built in and I really think it would out perform the crazy stock set up. Any thoughts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
It's all over the place now. 5-6hp with clutch kit, 2-3 with slip on, and another 5-6 with more air. All at the wheels.
All I know is with my QSC clutch kit I can pin the throttle and stand her right up on the back bumper pulling 28's. I'm interested in knowing which slip on puts out the most. What is needed for intake changes?

·
Registered
170 Posts
hey... Ridin
Anyone do any testing on slip on exhaust or a full system that you know of?
seriously thinking about the Big Gun full system it has an X pipe built in and I really think it would out perform the crazy stock set up. Any thoughts

Is that the sheriff back in town!.....glad to see your still pressing for power. Had to get out in order to move (more acres)....but back at it with a new 15' version.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts