Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it's on it's way. Can't wait to get it in. I wanted to order from ridinagain but after speaking with Adam We might have to do some clutch tinkering after I start adding more power.
So now I can order my big horns:)
Who wants to help install?

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Glad you got it coming. There are some huge gains to be had on the scrambler with ease. If you're going to be doing a lot of HP mods it's definitely faster to deal directly with him on the 1000's till I get all the info on them in my hands. Then I will be just as helpful as Adam. Looking forward to your thoughts on the kit once you get it installed.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and I will definitely be In touch
This all kinda new. So first I'll run it with the new tires then see where it's revving to ..then I'll do some air box mods with a better flowing filter and maybe a pipe/slip on and tuner
Then see where it revs to
Should be fun:)

·
Registered
170 Posts
^^ WOW....Very impressive

So mod the Airbox, and add the QSC clutch kit....Do you need to mess with a Tune or exhaust after those or can it be left as is?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Fyi, There's an easy 8-10 wheel hp in the airbox alone on them.
Is this specific to the 1000? Or is the same thing possible with a Sportsman 850? I never hear of people modding their Sportsman's.

If so, how?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^ WOW....Very impressive

So mod the Airbox, and add the QSC clutch kit....Do you need to mess with a Tune or exhaust after those or can it be left as is?
I want to start messing with my airbox and get a new filter now but i'm not sure. I might see if I can get it on a dyno with a tail pipe sniffer or some type of A/F ratio gauge just to be safe. I'll probably put the clutch kit in ASAP just to feel it. I'm also not sure what programmer I'm going to use. Had good luck with my Power Commander 5 on my Harley

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Always a good idea to keep an eye on A/fs and do it the proper way, than to guess and be detonating!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Not as good off gains on the 850 with airbox mods. Just pulling cover off the 1000 put 8hp to the wheels. Let me see what I can do for an a/f gauge setup for you guys that want to really tune your machines.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Not as good off gains on the 850 with airbox mods. Just pulling cover off the 1000 put 8hp to the wheels. Let me see what I can do for an a/f gauge setup for you guys that want to really tune your machines.
Ok, I gotta ask and do so politely, how do you know that ? Verified or speculation ? 8 rwhp is a lot, are you sure it's rwhp ? 8?

Thanks !

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think it might be with the cover and filter out..but i could be wrong. but even if I'm right it just shows how much potential there is in the air intake..this could get fun:shocked1:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Posted from another site...

"3rd party info here from Straightline Performance:

Can Am 1000 Stock 55rwhp
Scrambler 1000 Stock 62 rwhp
Scrambler 1000 airbox lid pulled only 66rwhp.

How about all that with the 1000 running 850's cam & throttle bodies??"

And this is all on the same dyno from what I understand...not saying what anybody posted is false, just adding some more info I happened to stumble across.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Got my info from QSC on the dyno last week with their new scrambler 1000. Have seen the printouts in person. The cover alone picked up 8, and another 5 without the filter. And that is rear wheel HP gains. This one also made 58.4 stock and 62.6 after the QSC clutch kit was installed. It also only has about 40-50 miles on it so it's not even close to broke in yet. Straightline is where QSC dyno'd their scrambler so that's where your getting it from. THey just messed up on the numbers probably not knowing it was clutched already.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Very interesting. thanks guys. I can hear all those 1K air box lids popping off right now!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
this sucks ..my clutch kit will be in any day and we have 2 1/2- 3 feet of snow on the ground:motz:

·
Registered
170 Posts
this sucks ..my clutch kit will be in any day and we have 2 1/2- 3 feet of snow on the ground:motz:
Cry me a river Curb.....at least you have a bike to add the clutch kit to!

But ya, that snow blast you just got was not cool....horrible winter this year, warmer days are a coming.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
still no quad yet...dam I would be pissed...or drunk..then pissed more:)
any new info?
I'm waiting for you to show up...then we gotta get fly down here also

·
Registered
170 Posts
Oh I am so in for that trip! I'll keep it stock until then, really interested to feel the difference in the clutch kit and airbox if you do that as well.

Good news is that my 1000 arrived to the dealer, but they are short manned and backed up. Waiting for prep, winch install, then swap the tires. Hoping tomorrow or Monday at the latest....so close!!

Won't have much time with it, next week heading to Wisconsin with a bunch of buddies to go "Ice Fishing"...my ranger is the vehicle of choice for that trip:friday:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh I am so in for that trip! I'll keep it stock until then, really interested to feel the difference in the clutch kit and airbox if you do that as well.

Good news is that my 1000 arrived to the dealer, but they are short manned and backed up. Waiting for prep, winch install, then swap the tires. Hoping tomorrow or Monday at the latest....so close!!

Won't have much time with it, next week heading to Wisconsin with a bunch of buddies to go "Ice Fishing"...my ranger is the vehicle of choice for that trip:friday:
congrats ...gonna be a long weekend waiting. and I'm sure you get a little ride in before Friday...and a video...lol

·
Registered
294 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa...so I just pull the air box lid so its basically pulling air from just in front of the seat, correct? And that gains about 8rwhp? So once my qsc clutch kit is in that I ordered today, this thing is gonna be a whole new animal?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts