Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
QSC clutch kits development for the 1000 is done! Video added!

Just got off the phone with Adam and he has the kits done for the new 1000! Stock tires sizes and 29"+ are ready to ship. Still not fully stocked up on parts for 27-28" tires but should be in the next couple weeks. All kits are $219 plus shipping.

Stock machine, stock clutching, 2wd, bare concrete, can't break tires lose.
QSC clutching, 50' burn out with ease.

Stock machine, on clear blacktop, -8 degrees, 4wd, 15mph roll, pulls hard.
QSC clutching, breaks all 4 tires loose at will (and almost sends you into the ditch apparently). I guess he wasn't expecting that kind of result.

Sounds like these are going to be some crazy machines!

Well have more details on dyno results later this week, but no one really cares about that. We all just want to beat up on CanAm's. :cowboy:

·
Registered
944 Posts
That's great and sounds really cool. Video of that performance would truly be an awesome sales tool for QSC. Just think what it will do for sales. EVERYONE will want the kit.

So how about it Adam ? Video, please !

·
Registered
170 Posts
I second fly's video request....sign me up for a kit once ready to go (I'll Install after break-in of course)

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I told him to get some video. He says it's an animal in stock form, and will be insane in full blown race trim.

Hamatym, I probably won't start sticking more than one kit for them for another 6-8 months for exactly that reason. Warranty. But I can get it for you the next day whenever you're ready.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just got off the phone with Adam and he has the kits done for the new 1000! Stock tires sizes and 29"+ are ready to ship. Still not fully stocked up on parts for 27-28" tires but should be in the next couple weeks. All kits are $219 plus shipping.

Stock machine, stock clutching, 2wd, bare concrete, can't break tires lose.
QSC clutching, 50' burn out with ease.

Stock machine, on clear blacktop, -8 degrees, 4wd, 15mph roll, pulls hard.
QSC clutching, breaks all 4 tires loose at will (and almost sends you into the ditch apparently). I guess he wasn't expecting that kind of result.

Sounds like these are going to be some crazy machines!

Well have more details on dyno results later this week, but no one really cares about that. We all just want to beat up on CanAm's. :cowboy:
Great news and they got the kits done faster than thought

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I would like to see a vid of stock and then a vid of one with the clutch kit in it...they dont waste anytime getting a kit out, do they?!?!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I would like to see a vid of stock and then a vid of one with the clutch kit in it...they dont waste anytime getting a kit out, do they?!?!
I know and I likey:yahootongue: I was just on the phone with ridinagain two days ago and he wasn't sure when they would be out then....bang there out. thumbs up to the guys at QSC. Think a phone call might be happening soon

·
Registered
170 Posts
I know and I likey:yahootongue: I was just on the phone with ridinagain two days ago and he wasn't sure when they would be out then....bang there out. thumbs up to the guys at QSC. Think a phone call might be happening soon
:werd: Curb

Your a mighty 6 hours away, but maybe someday I'll make a road trip to hit up a ride. (when I have something to ride of course). Certainly all in for this kit as well, just don't want to jump the gun....but your about broken in and ready to go!

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Adam's was broke in after one heat cycle and a gentle lap around the property. LOL Then beat the snot out of it! Next week I believe the motor will be coming apart for it's mods. Aiming for 150HP I believe. I'm headed there Friday and hoping to get him to let me shoot some video of it all set up with his clutching in it. Probably won't get any stock footage though. Not enough time in a day.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Thanks Ride ! Kinda hard to get a stock video now that's it's been modded so GT/us will have to give a pass on that one. BUT do get some vid of it modded. NO DOUBT it will be the ultimate sales tool.

150 HP?! WOW that's some looney power. Everybody will be drooling over that, everybody

·
Registered
388 Posts
Ham....any news on getting your quad? this has to be killing you
And any time you want to ride I'm down with it. My youngest son has off Friday from school so it will be more cruising time the 1000 and the little 450 wolverine, probably Saturday as well:rockwoot: warmer temps finally

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
off topic, but how does the 450 wolverine do?? I always thought they were cool quads...imagine a 700-800cc wolverine with IRS...yamaha would have a winner with that!

·
Registered
388 Posts
The wolverine is a good little machine. My wife and youngest son like it. Great for zipping through the woods. Top speed is about 53..super reliable and I wish they still made them cause I'd buy my son one...He out grew his LE outlaw 90

·
Registered
944 Posts
The wolverine is a good little machine. My wife and youngest son like it. Great for zipping through the woods. Top speed is about 53..super reliable and I wish they still made them cause I'd buy my son one...He out grew his LE outlaw 90
Whoa Pardner ! I say, I say hold on up there Sheriff ...... are you telling me you got an 08 outlaw 90 le ?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Whoa Pardner ! I say, I say hold on up there Sheriff ...... are you telling me you got an 08 outlaw 90 le ?
yes sir 2008 all stock and ready to sell
cool kids quad try to put up a pic....and sorry ridin for the highjack

Attachments

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just got back from the QSC incubator with a little fresh video. No the best conditions with 8" of snow yesterday, but still some good stuff I think.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Those damn duals sound soooo sweet!!!!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Awesome looking machine. Very sharp. In that third vid, he barely touches the throttle and the front end comes right up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ham....any news on getting your quad? this has to be killing you
After seeing those video's, I am going nuts! Dealer claims nobody wanted to pick up the containers up north due to the weather, I can only wait so it really doesn't matter if that is true or not....They were told next week for sure, hope the ground doesn't turn to slop after I get it. I really want the snow in order to easily gather up break-in hours.

That exhaust is awesome....after seeing that thing pop up at will, the QSC kit is for sure going in.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts