Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a new QuadBoss Weekender on my 570, used 4 lock n go's I bought on ebay.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks good :) I will be adding one shortly just not sure about that one or the ATV Superstore one. Congrats...

·
Registered
270 Posts
This is exactly what I was looking for to add some passenger comfort and storage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey GanderMtnOutdoors,

The cheapest price I found was actually on Amazon... just so you know.

I am not affiliated with them... just giving you a heads up as I have searched all over the Internet looking for a cheaper price.

Tim

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Looks good.... and ready to transport a passanger comfortibly!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
quadboss weekender lock and ride?

I was looking to get some info regarding the lock and ride attachments for the quadboss weekender. I was under the impression that i would have to drill thru my rear rack and use the bolts or brackets that came with the trunk. This is kind of deterring me from getting it because i dont want to drill thru my rack and i would like the luxury of taking it off when i want so the lock and ride thing would be perfect. Can you tell me where i can get them for a 15 sportsman 570 and how to go about installing. Thank you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought 4 lock n go from eBay. I just laid the weekender on the rack to see where I wanted it to sit, the n removed the rack from the quad. Then laid the weekender upside down a bench, laid the rack upside down on the weekender, traced 4 holes where the lock n go fit, remove the rack n.used a step drill bit to drill the holes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
dirtyjerzy, thanks a lot for the response. After googling and finding a pic of the lock and ride clamps, i see exactly what youre talking about. That was a brilliant idea that ill have to borrow from you because one of my biggest fears of putting a trunk on was having to drill and damage my rack , and having the thing permanently fastened on there. The club i just became a member at will only allow me to carry a passenger if i have a fixed rear seat with grips and the weekender got their approval so i will be adding one soon using this method. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I spoke to you a while back about how to install the weekender on my sportsman. You gave me some direction on what to do but now i have the mounts and trunk and am not sure what size holes to drill and how to go about putting the anchors through. Do i drill a 1in hole to fit the hole anchor thru up to the plastic washer or a small 5/16" hole and disassemble the anchor and just put the stud thru? Do u have any pics of the inside where the mounts are? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. I just spent a hefty chunk of change on this and dont want to screw up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I drilled a large hole in the bottom of the weekender so that the round rubber portion of the lock n go would fit through the hole. Not sure if it was exactly 1inch, I used a step drill bit and just kept increasing the hoe size one step at a time till the rubber part fit through with the lock n go lever disengaged.

Also after installing I had to adjust the tightness of each lock n go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the same one, it is comfortable for the passenger and it holds a lot of gear. I may have different lock n ride fasteners than you, but I only have 3/8 holes in the weekender where just the pins fit through. The spacers and rubbers stay below the bottom of the weekender unit. 1 inch holes would not work with my lock n ride mounts, mine are from 2013 and I know they have since changed them.

·
Super Moderator
7,074 Posts
Those things just look like the perfect opportunity to flip over backwards. An accident just waiting to happen. No thank you.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Those things just look like the perfect opportunity to flip over backwards. An accident just waiting to happen. No thank you.
I agree, just my stupid opinion but they are ugly also, too much bulk.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sorry to rehash an old thread, but I have a question about how you installed your "Weekender" Were you able to all 4 "Lock N Ride" plugs inside of the actual storage compartmetn, or did you have to slide it forward and screw two angled brackets to the flat part on the back of the "Weekender" and then drill through those to keep it forward? Ending up with 2 lock N ride plugs in side, and two outside/under the back lip?!?!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts