·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
photo 1.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

photo 5.jpg

This is a review of my QuadBoss Weekender trunk. I am going to keep it simple and basically do Pros and Cons

Just thought I would share some of my thoughts and opinions of the Weekender trunk after putting a total of 100 miles on it. Installation was pretty easy and straight forward, like most trunks you have to drill them and mount them to your racks. I took the rack off to install.

Cons:
1.Needs to be wider to match the racks, also so the passenger has more leg room width wise while riding, I don't want that to sound like it is small or not big enough, it has plenty of room. My wife said she would like it to be a little wider. (Always follow your Quads owner manual regarding passengers)

2. No hard locking latches on it, I knew this when I bought it, but would just like to see hard lockable latches vs the bungee cord. When riding aggressively over bumps and rocks the lids will bounce occasionally. Simple fix is to tighten the bungee cords, or put on some hard latches.

3. The U bolts used to mount it stick up inside the storage compartment and could potentially snag gear or other stuff stored inside, easy fix would be to add your own hardware that mounts flush on the inside, again I also knew this before I purchased so I wasn't surprised about it. I would just like the manufacture to include some type of flush mount bolts for the inside.

Pros:
1. Very comfortable seat cushion, very thick padding and soft enough to ride on or lounge on all day, same for the seat back. The cushions seam to made very well and look to be very durable.

2. Gas can storage on the back, I wanted to be able to carry an extra couple of gallons of gas when going on long rides for emergencies or when I need just that extra gas to continue playing.

3. Tons of storage, more room than I thought it would have. Storage compartment goes all the way through to both sides. I keep extra clothes, riding gear, tools, air compressor, small tent, snacks, water, in it at all times and still have room to spare.

4. Very sturdy, feels very secure on the quad.

Overall I am happy with the QuadBoss weekender trunk, it has exceeded my expectations and my wife likes having a seat to ride on. Knowing what I know now, I would purchase it again.

BTW, this is just my independent review.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nice review. Been thinking about getting one of these

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Nice review! I looked at that model also before I bought the two I have (1-WES INd. Std & 1-Kolpin Companion). We should almost have a "Product Review" section on the forum!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
X2 on the product review section. Good honest reviews and opinions about products you have bought, what you like or don't like about stuff.

Nice review! I looked at that model also before I bought the two I have (1-WES INd. Std & 1-Kolpin Companion). We should almost have a "Product Review" section on the forum!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
X2 on the product review section. Good honest reviews and opinions about products you have bought, what you like or don't like about stuff.

I too would like this!!! Could be very helpful.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone know how to go about making a review section on here, maybe a sticky or something?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Im not a big fan of this product. I find that it sits too far forward, and that the seat on it... simply comvers up the biggest widest part of the ATV's seat.. making it uncomfortable for the driver.... ALso it could be wider... if someone is in the seat they can't open their knees very far to keep from hitting you in the back.... again... the position of the seat... you might as well just sit on the ATV seat... which is much more comfortable.

·
Banned
2,959 Posts
They make a good seat but a lousy storage box. Too small and confined. I like bags for storage.
Good review.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts