This is a review of my QuadBoss Weekender trunk. I am going to keep it simple and basically do Pros and Cons
Just thought I would share some of my thoughts and opinions of the Weekender trunk after putting a total of 100 miles on it. Installation was pretty easy and straight forward, like most trunks you have to drill them and mount them to your racks. I took the rack off to install.
1.Needs to be wider to match the racks, also so the passenger has more leg room width wise while riding, I don't want that to sound like it is small or not big enough, it has plenty of room. My wife said she would like it to be a little wider. (Always follow your Quads owner manual regarding passengers)
2. No hard locking latches on it, I knew this when I bought it, but would just like to see hard lockable latches vs the bungee cord. When riding aggressively over bumps and rocks the lids will bounce occasionally. Simple fix is to tighten the bungee cords, or put on some hard latches.
3. The U bolts used to mount it stick up inside the storage compartment and could potentially snag gear or other stuff stored inside, easy fix would be to add your own hardware that mounts flush on the inside, again I also knew this before I purchased so I wasn't surprised about it. I would just like the manufacture to include some type of flush mount bolts for the inside.
1. Very comfortable seat cushion, very thick padding and soft enough to ride on or lounge on all day, same for the seat back. The cushions seam to made very well and look to be very durable.
2. Gas can storage on the back, I wanted to be able to carry an extra couple of gallons of gas when going on long rides for emergencies or when I need just that extra gas to continue playing.
3. Tons of storage, more room than I thought it would have. Storage compartment goes all the way through to both sides. I keep extra clothes, riding gear, tools, air compressor, small tent, snacks, water, in it at all times and still have room to spare.
4. Very sturdy, feels very secure on the quad.
Overall I am happy with the QuadBoss weekender trunk, it has exceeded my expectations and my wife likes having a seat to ride on. Knowing what I know now, I would purchase it again.
BTW, this is just my independent review.