Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys , I just put my new big horn tires and rims on and went for little spin they have about 5lbs of pressure in them but they feel soft like there isn't enough air in them , since I'm new to this is this normal and just the feel of good tires compared to the stock ones or are do they need more a pressure ?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Tagged.......

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Like those wheels Mikemi11er! I run 6 1/2lbs but mine are on 12" wheels.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Its funny how a pound or two really changes the feel of a set of tires. I run 6 psi in my 26 inch Bighorns on stock 14 inch XP wheels. And I like my tires on the softer side because there are lot of bumpy trails around here and I usually ride pretty slow. A little firmer (like 7 or 8 psi)if I plan on doing some high speed riding.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I just installed a set of used 26"x14" Bighorns on mine last night. I drove it around the streets at 7 psi and felt it was possibly to soft for me. I definitely wouldn't run as low as 5 psi. The trails I ride would result in pinch flats. Softer is better traction, but it can be too soft. Also easier to pop a bead loose at low psi.

Aside from that my used ones with about 2/3rds tread left rolled super smooth and quiet. I picked all 4 of them up for $125 off craigslist. The guy wanted $300.

·
Super Moderator
7,112 Posts
On the 14" rims, 5 psi might be a little low if you ride in rocky country. 6 or 7 might be a little better to help protect your tires. If they were 12" rims, I would never run more than 5 psi in them. That is one of the things I really like about Bighorns. They will soften the ride and improve the handling over the OEM tires.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the responses guys , I will bump it up to 7 and see how it feels. I haven't been out for a ride in awhile as it has been -30 here for the last 2 weeks. Thanks for the comment FuntanaS !

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
26 inch BH 2s on 14" rims at 6 PSI feel like they are bottoming out on big bumps. Would suggest that 6 PSI is not enough pressure on them.

Sean

·
Registered
772 Posts
what about in the winter? I have 5 psi in mine now and they seem kind of soft. (stock tires)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts