Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that Polaris offers a Lock and Ride bracket for a spare fuel tank. Does anyone know if this would mount to a 570 touring by chance?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Didn't know polaris made one. I'll have to check into that

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well got the page to load but weird, I don't see it on the pure Polaris website.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be handy!

·
Registered
460 Posts
It would be very handy! Just by looking at it, I am guessing that there are two lock and ride mounting points on the carrier...I would bet the spacing would not work for the sportsman rack L&R holes.

Just my thought. Here is another alternative

KXP Fuel Pack Bracket - ATV - Kolpin Powersports

or the mount and the can

KXP Fuel Pack Jr. with Bracket - ATV - Kolpin Powersports

and finally the amazon price

Kolpin 89745 KXP Fuel Pack Junior with Bracket for ATV : Amazon.com : Automotive

I bought my dad a big Kolpin fuel pack and he has had zero problems with it. It''s about 5 years old now.
Plus Kolpin is on this site and seem to have very good customer service.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I'm probably going to end up with something like the Kolpin or Rotopax. I wonder if you could drill/cut a new hole to line up though?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Careful with those Kolpin cans........many have had them leak and they are not as well constructed as the RotoPax

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
That would be cool if that can holder fit on the sportsman rack but I would venture to say that it won't. I'm not sure that the sportsman racks have holes spaced at that interval.

Somebody with a rzr could measure the distance for you and you could see if there are any holes that line up that way or could be drilled to line up that way.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
548 Posts
I installed my roto pack on top of my Polaris lock and ride rear box. I got the interlocking two gallon ones on mine and they work great!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine is the touring so wont be able to put on rear but could do on the front rack. I'm think the interlocking two gallon as well. Now if Polaris made a bracket like that for a 2 gallon regular can to go on each side of the rear rack for the touring that would be ideal!

I have heard the same about the Kolpin cans that they leak.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Careful with those Kolpin cans........many have had them leak and they are not as well constructed as the RotoPax
^I have read that many times...I know Kolpin replaced a bunch of caps after they made a cap design change that did not work out well. Replacements were free and the problem was solved.

They may not be made quite as well as Rotopax...I don't know.
I have used the Kolpin I got for my dad a bunch and never had a leak or any other problem. So I can attest that they are built well.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have a Kolpin. And you are correct on the leaking. You have to be very careful when putting the cap back on for sure. But I do still like it for the price I paid off ebay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts