Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, as I am new the form and to the atv world I figured I would ask the pros.

I was wondering if someone call tell me what are decent rims to buy as I'm looking to replace my stock rims , also was wondering what is a good all around tire , and if I would have any issues putting a 27x9x14 on the front and 27x11x14 on the back. Currently have 26x8x14 and 26x10x14.Also if any one has any pics of there rims and tires on a green bike I would luv to see them . I'm thinking of going with a matte black rim so be interested to see what other people have

Thanks again !!

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
What machine do you have? If it is an XP, those tires will fit fine. There is also only one aftermarket rim available that keeps the XP 50" wide. STI HD2 All others will stick the tires 2-4 inch's outside the fenders. Here's a picture of mine.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
What machine do you have? If it is an XP, those tires will fit fine. There is also only one aftermarket rim available that keeps the XP 50" wide. STI HD2 All others will stick the tires 2-4 inch's outside the fenders. Here's a picture of mine.

Would that be the same for the Value models?

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
What machine do you have? If it is an XP, those tires will fit fine. There is also only one aftermarket rim available that keeps the XP 50" wide. STI HD2 All others will stick the tires 2-4 inch's outside the fenders.
Would that be the same for the Value models?
You have more options for the value models. I have 4+3 offset wheels on my wife's 500 and it sits at 50" wide. The tires are still pretty much under the fenders.

Nice ! looks good , Its 2011 550 XP XPS. So if I decide to go with these rims ITP SS212 Alloy Series Wheel | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

my tires would be out an inch from the Fenders ? Would there be a negative effect if the rims were out an inch from the fenders?
The SS212's will have a 4+3 offset which will push your tires out 2" on each side. The biggest negative is that you and your atv will always be covered in whatever you ride through. It can also have a negative effect on how it handles, but with power steering that wouldn't be quite as big of a deal. It will also put more stress on the wheel bearings.
Here is mine with 6+1 offset wheels. Yours would be 2" wider on each side.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again !! So just to clarify if I want to keep the bike's width at 50" I need to buy rims that have a 6 -1 offset ?

Thanks again !

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
That is correct.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks again !! So just to clarify if I want to keep the bike's width at 50" I need to buy rims that have a 6 -1 offset ?

Thanks again !
If you change away from the 6+1 offset then a) your track will be wider and b) you will lose the effect of anti-kickback.

If you go to larger tires (eg 27") you will effectively have a higher final gear ratio. That will give you less power in low/mid ranges. Yes it is noticeable.

Personally, I stay with stock wheels (or at least the same size as stock) and same-as-stock tire diameter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Bobx2 if I bought the STI HD3 wheels would that keep my bike at the 50" width I see they are the same offset as the STI HD2's ?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hey Bobx2 if I bought the STI HD3 wheels would that keep my bike at the 50" width I see they are the same offset as the STI HD2's ?
Yes. BUT... you must specify the 6+1 offset. They offer the HD3 in several offsets.

I have not heard that they are yet available on the market.

-c

·
Super Moderator
7,049 Posts
I haven't seen those yet. If they are a 6+1 offset, you should be just fine.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the HD3 wheels, they have been out for a couple of months. I was not given an option for an off set. I am guessing they are the 5-3. They are on my 850 Scrambler and it is quite wide. But given the narrow fenders of the Scrambler you pretty much get covered no matter what.

·
Registered
34 Posts
can i swing 30 in black mambas on my stock 850 xp/eps

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have the HD3 wheels, they have been out for a couple of months. I was not given an option for an off set. I am guessing they are the 5-3.
When I checked with the manufacturer about a month ago, they said the 6+1 offset version would be available after the first of the year.

-c

·
Registered
4,629 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was thinking about putting the MotoSport Alloy M20 Kore on my 2013 850 XP. They have an offset of +0mm, I'm not sure exactly what that means. Would that be a good or a bad thing?

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I actually answered this in the newbie question pos you had last night....take a look over there.

If you plan on putting tires like that on those rims, first off it will look badass! Second, it will be good because you'll need some clearance. They will add width to your quad.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts