Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, i am just wondering what i should do here. I have super sagged front springs on my 2000 sp 500. Looking at replacing them with the epi HD. My concern is where the bushing mount and ball attach to frame at top. It seems excessively worm(the metal) and when riding there is play. Will this issue be remedied with new springs? Its a tricky area as it is a recessed ball shape that meets the rubber bushings on top of spring/strut tower. When i get it apart, i will take some pics...

·
Registered
318 Posts
Post some pics, its not likely the frame mount, just the bushings. Easy to change when you have it apart to install new springs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell you why i think it is the frame mount. When i bought it buddy had 28" tires on it with stock everything else. The suspension still has play in it where it mounts to frame even when bushings are tight. I just dont know how i would fix it...

·
Premium Member
12,096 Posts
Check it out when u buy the new springs order up new upper and lower strut bushings. They are cheap and do ware out. Ur bike has some years on it so its to b expected for them b in need of replacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts