Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wondering if someone can help me out. I have some new rims and tires to install , so I purchased a 1500lb atv jack just wondering where the best place to start jacking is without damaging anything ? it looks like right in the middle is fine but I have never done it so thought i would check with the experts. thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
On mine I enter from side pretty much centered. Once you get it up a little check for balance and lower and adjust. Each machine is balanced slightly different depending on how you have it set up with winch etc.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
what machine do you have?. just get it under and make sure the arms are reaching from one side of the frame to the other.. Then jack it a few inches and you'll be able to tell if its balanced or not by which end of the machine goes up and which doesn't.. Once you have all 4 wheels off the ground an inch or so, rock the machine gently to make sure its balanced.. For the most part its a bit of trial and error, but there should really be no way to damage anything as long as the arms of the jack are spanning the frame..

·
Registered
180 Posts
Got any details on the jack you purchased? :ponder:

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
What was said + I use a couple of jackstands. One in the front and one in the rear for security.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys it's a 2011 550 xp , I figured I was pretty safe lifting from the middle but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to damage anything.

these guys just showed up so I'm wanting to get them on. Not sure why the pic I upside down .

Its Torin 1500lbs Big Red Jack (princess auto )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
Welcome to the board!:med:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
434 Posts