Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Polaris makes the same ATV to be street legal in Sweden, why aren't parts like directional lights kits, back up light kits horn kit, available through Polaris's on line store?

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
im just venturing a guess, but all of that stuff has to pass certain requirments before it can be sold in the US...for instance light surface area, ect....and it probably does not meet those standards. the US has very stricter requirments for that sort of thing, lights have to bigger here then what is required "over there" so buy not selling them online, polaris is able to restrict to the best of their ability who is buying these (i.e because they are not legal DOT approved products). you would probably have to go to a dealer in swedan to get these items.

i say this because KTM had a really trick tail light for european models, but the US models had a big hurkey ugly large taillight. we tried and tried but could never order the sleek euro taillight...because it wasnt DOT approved

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks blueline15. I really had not considered the international double standard production. Still, it's too bad, such things are not available here, either already on or available to be put on out machines. They would help me out as a trailmaster.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
i know, i hear ya. you can blame the DOT and their strict and LARGE standards for lights and any "street legal" gear. you you can do is a few things....check ebay, check swedan atv forums for parts for sale, or call a dealer in sweden and see if they will ship to the US....they might, its really no sweat off their back that way. just some ideas

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Food for thought - thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts