Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just bought a 2004 Predator 500 troy lee design edition. The charging system wasn't working when I got it. The guy told me his son hooked up jumper cables backwards to the battery and something got messed up (he thought it might be the stator, or this, or that, etc...). Turns out, one of the three red wires that runs from the rectifier to the battery was fried and no longer connected. I just put the wires back together and taped them up and it's good to go. However, I would like a more permanent fix for it, but i'm not sure where to get replacement wires. I would think you would be able to just buy the wires that run from the rectifier to the battery without having to buy a whole new rectifier, but maybe not? Anyone know?

Also, the Fox Shox Shock in the back (the adjustable one) is leaking oil. I will try to look into getting it rebuilt (get the oil changed in it and seals redone), however if that doesn't work, I might just get a new one. Does anyone know which of the new Fox Shox rear shocks will work with the Predator 500? I get a nice discount on Fox Shox items, so buying a new one isn't as painful as it could be. Any info would be great!

Also, I am going to replace the brake pads, adjust the chain, change the oil and replace the oil filter. I already cleaned the K&N Air Filter and cleaned the tube all out. I was thinking about changing out the anti freeze as well. Anything else I should be doing? My buddy was saying something about changing the gearcase oil like he does in his dirtbike, but I wasn't sure about this. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
521 Posts
cool deal first off

u have too buy a whole new rectifer for that fix

shock u can send off too monsterperformance.com really good feller with good turn around time, or get an outlaw mxr shock but id just have it revalved for your weight maybe add a tender spring too lower the pred a bit

when u change the oil u drain the motor and the oil bag up front

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info man. I actually found that Polaris makes a fusible link kit that I am hoping will replace just the wires and i'll be good to go. They charge $32, but I found another website where I can get it for $23, goign to try it in the spring (put it up for the winter now).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts