Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question guys:
I have the 550XP and received a recall notice as other mentioned. I was told by dealer that bushings are to be replaced and then see if that works before any kit from Polaris is required.
Is that true or is he trying to just do a quick fix?

Opinions?

Thanks,

A
"Proud father of a U.S. Marine!"

·
Registered
667 Posts
ok first thing is i have read the whole bulletin. there are no bushings. first they are suppose to check to see if there is any freeplay and if there is they are suppose to try just the new ball joint pinch bolt first and see if the freeplay is gone. this is a lame half ass atemp at fixing it right. the good dealers like mine that after they checked it and it did have freeplay just ordered the left and right knuckle kits and installed them. i have 0 freeplay now,i checked it before and after.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
snw629 is right. , and yes to your ? it depends on the dealer opionin

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I am worried about - the dealer opinion.......

Just curious but is this a parts expense to the dealer?

Is labor charged to Polaris or out of pocket to dealer?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Im sure there labor and parts are paid for by polaris. They dont make any real money on it though . For most dealerships warrenty work you break even on .
espicially little jobs like this warrenty. If you bought your 550 there they should do it , its called customer service

·
Registered
667 Posts
as a 30 year gm dealer master tech. i know how the warranty game is played.if your dealer is in good with his factory rep you have a easy time with warranty claims,but if your warranty expenses are high he/she clamps down and checks everything you do and this ends up being bad for the customer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I hope all goes well and the issue is resolved without any problems. They seem pretty stand up and its a smaller town and bad PR is not good.

I'll update you on the outcome.

Thnaks for the responses!

A
"Proud father of a US Marine!"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts