Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to the forum, longtime Polaris owner.

I've read through a bunch of the threads on lighting but I have a few specific questions. I just bought, over the weekend, a 2015 Sportsman 570 EPS, and so far so good! I am having a hard time finding some of the accessories for it as it is a new model.

If you could help me out with a few questions, I'd greatly appreciate it!

What are the bulbs on Sportsman 570? - I'd like to upgrade to LED's but dont know if they are H11's or 894's or what. I also did order a pair of Rigid Industries Dually lights for the front brush guard, but I'd like to swap out the factory bulbs for something brighter.

Does Polaris make a Heavy Duty Battery to deal with additional accessories?

Is there a big difference in the accessories between the 2014 and 2015?

Has anyone had any issues or lessons learned with theirs that I should be aware of?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
- Keep an eye on the right side of the bike and seat for melting issues caused by exhaust
- don't add a fob to your key ring (it get caught up on the gas cap and will shut the machine off)
- The OEM battery sorta sucks.
- Not sure if they shielded the gas tank for 2015, but a bunch of people had issues with bubbling gas.

I bought mine for ice fishing almost exclusively, I haven't had many of the issues others have had with their 2014's.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just upgraded to the 570sp. It has power steering plus can run all 3 headlights at the same time. It puts out 660w compared to 560 for the regular 570. They claim the extra power is for the power steering and optional accessories you may add. Some one on the 570 site just found out the bulb numbers and posted them. If you can't find them click on my name and I belive it will allow you to see any of my posts. Just pick ones from last week and you can find his post. Lots of people have had battery problems but my old machine was 3 years old and still original battery. I believe as some here do that mine is ALWAYS on a battery tender. $28 on Amazon as I just ordered a 2nd one for my Zturn mower as I got tired of switching them all the time. Bottom line get the tender and ride. If and when it dies then get a better one.

·
Registered
270 Posts
BD, how did they upgrade to 660w, with a better battery?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Have no idea just going by their ad on their website. My guess is a more powerful alternator since now they claim you can now have all three frt. lights on at once which I confermed. Does the regular 570 do this?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Interested in this as well as far as the lack of products for the 2015...was wondering if 2014 models have the same body style/setups for accessories..... Mine is barely a week old!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Front brush guard mounting holes are different from the 14 to 15. I just put on a ricochet brush guard on my 15. They sent me the 14 model first then had to resend me the right one for the 15. Don't know about the rear mounts yet.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Have no idea just going by their ad on their website. My guess is a more powerful alternator since now they claim you can now have all three frt. lights on at once which I confermed. Does the regular 570 do this?
No, the 570SP can run all 3 headlights at the same time.. The regular 570 regardless of whether it has eps or not does not run all 3 headlights at the same time unless you do an aftermarket mod to it.. Many guys have and its quite easy from what I understand..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts