Polaris ATV Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
It's the drain hose that was originally attached to the nipple on the bottom of the carb - the disc thingy is a filter/check valve - it lets fuel spillage drain out while keeping dirt and water from getting in (#5 in the pic)
7051011Valve, Check

And the fuel pump connections: top one goes to the fuel supply, the one with the filter (#3) in it goes to the carb ant the one at an angle is the pulse or vacuum line.

·
Registered
2004 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.0
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Great, I searched for hours yesterday and had no luck. Where does the line terminate after leaving the check valve, or does it matter much?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Yep, just dangles below the engine or skid plate so it gets fuel spillage away from the vehicle itself

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok in New to this . Purchased from a buddy for cheap. I've been lurking for 2 weeks now and I'm hearing that the 04 was a split year. Maybe that's why I'm finding online parts diagrams incorrect and confusing. Did the split occur on a specific date? When i registered on the polaris site with my VIN it said my year is 04 .5.

There is actually an e
Ok in New to this . Purchased from a buddy for cheap. I've been lurking for 2 weeks now and I'm hearing that the 04 was a split year. Maybe that's why I'm finding online parts diagrams incorrect and confusing. Did the split occur on a specific date? When i registered on the polaris site with my VIN it said my year is 04 .5.

There is actually an early/mid/and late 04.I have owned the first 2.The late is easy to spot and people usually refer to them as an04.5.They have the 05 and up plastics with the dual tail lights.The other 2 share the same plastics as 03 and under except the front bumper wich is unique to 04.Looks like E.T to me.The early 04 has a different transmission. There's no park and has the short shifter.It also has a different differential because the awd engages in the wheel hub.I always found driveline parts for the ear04 to match 03 sportsmans

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks Early454, According to the Polaris website, when I punched in my vin it says its a 04.5. I don't have dual tailights. its a Mossy Oak edition if that is helpful at all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks Early454, According to the Polaris website, when I punched in my vin it says its a 04.5. I don't have dual tailights. its a Mossy Oak edition if that is helpful at all.
Does your transmission have park with the long shifter?Or is it the short shifter with a gate that moves to the left and forward for Low range

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
This is the actual machine when i got it home.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is the actual machine when i got it home.

That's a popular quad. I bouhgt the earlier version for my girlfriend because she liked how it cornered in tight trails.I wanted the one you have because the awd locks in the diff instead of hubs and it has park.Ive had 2 mossy oak sportsmans.They both turned purple after a while too.see how the hubs stick through the rims?They work independently and don't always disengage at the same time. They can be dangerous if the fluid gets low

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
I hate the color actually.need to find a way to change that later after I finish all the mechanical stuff. I'm thinking a vinyl wrap. I have heard that painting doesn't hold up well. It looks a bit different at the moment. Giving it a thorough cleaning and checking everything over. Planning to due a full service .

·
Registered
11 Posts
I considered the vinyl wrap.Its not cheap but I think it would be great for that quad because the spots that will get damaged the most are kind of protected because the fenderwells are separate. I have an 08 stealth Black edition that was marked up on the outer edges. The coating on that model is almost identical to plastidip so I sprayed the outer fenders with plastidip.it looks great and is holding up well. It's easy to touch up also.
20201004_133424.jpg
20201004_133414.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Think I'm going to steal the plastidip idea for the fenders

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I do like the black body panels also. Looks sharp!

·
Registered
11 Posts
If look at this angle you can see how well it blends with the polaris coating. The one thing you have to watch is if you power wash it.If the high pressure catches the edges of the plastidip it will start to peel it

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
That does look good.. What kind of plastidip did you use?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts