Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive read a couple of threads where people have talked about using a pull start? the ones ive read they owned newer sportsman's, mines a 04 600. so does it have the ability to be pull started? And also ive been thinking about wheels and tires. ive got some good advice frome blueline15. but i was wondering if i do a lift is it going to alter alot of stuff that will give me problems later on... cv shaft angle, drive train angles well you get my pnt.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
its not showing on the fiche that you have a pullstart stock, right? im not really sure if you can add a pullstart, but it would be expensive to do, i know that, a lot would have to be altered. again, a lift runs you at a higher risk of CV joint failure, boot failure, ect because of the increased drive angles. but guys do it, i dont know what the failure rate is. how big are you looking at going? would search around and see what size guys are having problems with and what sizes seem to not cause problems. ill see if i cant come up with more

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
you could certainly go one size bigger with out a problem or a lift, You didnt say how big a tire you wanted to put on?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Anything more than a 2 inch lift with stock axles or 2 sizes bigger than stock tires will eventually have problems(cv joint or breaking an axle)unless you get good axles like Gorilla,which can be kinda expensive.Some tires are quite a bit heavier than others also,so watch the tire weight and be sure to add a clutch kit so you dont go through belts.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinking about going with a wheel kit from itp. it comes with ss212 wheels and mudlite 25x8x12frnt 25x10x12rear tires. so much for the pull start!

·
Registered
563 Posts
That would be a good idea.Where are you getting them from?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
sounds like good combo and size.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i called a guy that has an ebay store. seemed like a very nice and knowledgeable guy. so i feel preety comfortable buying from him. i think for right know im going to buy just the wheels and get the tires later. my tires have over 75% tread on them still. but ill get a better price if i buy them at the same time. so do you think i can get abigger size on there and still have no trouble? or is that about that best size to go with?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts