Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked all over in my owners manual & I cannot find the proper torque for the oil drain plug on my 2014 Sportsman 550 XP EPS. Also Polaris wants a lot for the compression washer that goes on the plug, so if you have a link to where I can get them at a reasonable price please let me know. I tried Advanced Auto & they wanted $2.50 each. It appears to be a 14mm.

Thank you

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
12ftlbs and if $2.50 is a deal breaker, you best sell the thing now LMAO

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info. Nice pics. Nope it is not a deal breaker just a little irritating paying $1.50 for the plug and $2.50 for a washer.

Thanks

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
They may recommend replacing the washer but of all the boybtoys ive owned over the years ive only had to replace an oil plug washer one time. Run what ya got until it starts spottinng or leaking theeeen replace it. But thats just me and i know some guys like to go to fhe extreme with things like this so whatever makes them sleep better i guess.

·
Registered
958 Posts
if $2.50 is a deal breaker, you best sell the thing now LMAO
They may recommend replacing the washer but of all the boybtoys ive owned over the years ive only had to replace an oil plug washer one time. Run what ya got until it starts spottinng or leaking theeeen replace it. But thats just me and i know some guys like to go to fhe extreme with things like this so whatever makes them sleep better i guess.
Both very true statements. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts