Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just went to install my R2C Air Filter for my 2020 Sportsman XP1000 and I now see that the part of the filter that goes into the intake isn't going to work.
The R2C is designed to go over the intake and secures using a hose clamp.
The OEM filter is designed for the end to go into the intake and creates a seal after putting the backing plate back on.

See pictures below

I have seen people say they have used these R2C filters on their 1000 but I can't imagine this will seal properly on the inside due to the hose clamp groove causing a gap between the air filter end and the intake inner seat.

Anyone have any input.
Are people just removing the hose clamp and installing and using the R2C regardless?
The R2C does fit but I just worry the seal won't be good enough between the filter and intake.
I really want an R2C filter but definitely not and the cost of a new engine due to sucking in dirt.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is that there is a groove cut out of the surface where the clamp goes. I can't imagine that it is going to seal all that well at the intake connection.
I was thinking of wrapping it with a thin piece of adhesive foam strip I have just to help fill the gap and make a tighter seal...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the same way your stock filter works,,Ditch the clamp
,R2C (y) (y)
The problem is that there is a groove cut out of the surface where the clamp goes. I can't imagine that it is going to seal all that well at the intake connection.
I was thinking of wrapping it with a thin piece of adhesive foam strip I have just to help fill the gap and make a tighter seal...
I really don't want any dirty getting around the filter connection.
Might try and call R2C Tuesday...

·
Registered
789 Posts
I just took a look at mine ,no grooves cut out. Do you have a picture ? Maybe they sent wrong filter

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
This is brand new just unwrapped for a 570. They come with a clamp that sits in groove. Maybe they sent him one of these.
01A92AA4-5FD1-4997-AF8A-CEFED0DC05FE.jpeg

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yeah mine has the same groove for the clamp,(not useable on the 850 &1000's) I thought he was saying theres a groove cut out of the surface (as in some tyoe of cut)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah mine has the same groove for the clamp,(not useable on the 850 &1000's) I thought he was saying theres a groove cut out of the surface (as in some tyoe of cut)
Duse,
When you remove the clamp there is a "trench" or groove cut out of the surface to keep the clamp from sliding.

So it's not the smooth surface similar to the OEM filter.
I don't think this will seal very well.

Does anyone with a 2017+ 850/1000 run a R2C that got the proper filter?

On R2C's site they show one for a yamaha that seems to have the same type of connection at the intake like my OEM does...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is brand new just unwrapped for a 570. They come with a clamp that sits in groove. Maybe they sent him one of these. View attachment 139242
Your 570 is just like my 2012 800. That filter goes over the intake and clamps to it.

The 1000 is the opposite and going inside of the intake and why I'm questioning it's sealing ability with the clamp groove.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We know! Duse says that’s just the way it comes!
That doesn't mean it's the correct filter though...
I don't wanna smoke a 13k machine on a guess.
Dust is an evil thing....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Came with the clamp

1 - 20 of 36 Posts