Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on the R2C air filters. I'm looking to replace the OEM paper..and install the R2C with the pre filter bag.. I'm looking for a high quality filter that will do a better job than the stock one..I'm Not looking for a performance upgrade...not looking for better flow, just something that keeps the dirt out of the engine . Bonus is that it is reusable.
What about warrany??? Will this void it ?
Machine is a 2018 sportsman 570eps.
Thanks...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Recently upgraded both bikes to R2C(and no they are not out of business)and did 1 week up at Jericho State Park. Can’t comment for the long haul but so far looks good. Certainly didn’t notice any reduction in performance. Back up tomorrow for Atv Festival.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't have any experience with the R2C filters, but have had nothing but great luck with UNI foam filters. Very much reusable too. Just wash out the filter with warm soapy water, let it dry, soak it good with filter oil, and you're good to go. You can reuse them indefinitely as long as you take care of them.

·
Registered
708 Posts
BTW I’m not sure that anything is “better” than OE paper filters. I went with R2C so I wouldn’t have to spend $30.00 a pop and still have a clean filter. What do mean “void the warranty”?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Unless they can verify that A) there was debris that got in the motor, and B) that the filter caused it, they'd REALLY have to be looking for a way to not honor the warranty on your machine. JMO

·
Registered
217 Posts
From what I can see they are a knock off of the K & N filter. If that is the case STAY AWAY. KN filters are great where you have LITTLE to NO dust. We operate our bikes where dust is the only thing in the air. The person in front of you is kicking up a dust storm. You look behind you and all you see is dust. This is not the case with your auto. The best replacement is a FOAM filter and still be cleanable. I lose some performance but not the engine.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
R2C has two filter offerings - one is paper and the other gauze (like K&N) - if you have the gauze filter and do not oil it, yes the dealer will void the warranty for dust inclusion damage on engine parts, but the warranty will still be good for other than engine damage.

·
Super Moderator
6,980 Posts
Sprotsman is correct. They are nothing like a K&N. They are a dry, no oil filter that you can blow out with a compressor, put it right back on and ride. Many dirt track racers use them on their $30K+ race engines. That should be all a person needs to know about the quality of the product. Been running one on my 570T for the last 4 years. Great filter. No sign of ANYTHING getting past it. Looking to get one for my General.

·
Super Moderator
6,980 Posts
I pulled the trigger on the filter and bag...got it from rocky mountain ATV...
LOL. I just did the same, except no bag for me. I first called R2C just to confirm that they were indeed still in business. Much information out there that they had gone under. Talked to them direct, and they sent me to RMATV to find my General filter. Even gave me the part number, which made it much easier to find when I got to the RMATV site. It only cost $5 more than the Donaldson filter that I will be replacing, and the R2C will last for years. :grin

·
Registered
708 Posts
Had the exact same experience as I was directed to RMATV. Had a slight problem w/one so I called back and spoke to Colin. He had another shipped directly next day and personally texted me to make sure everything was good. Great product and service. All set for Atv Festival up here at Jericho Mt. tomorrow.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have the R2C filters on both of our machines. 850 and 1000 sportsman. Love them. All you have to do is blow them out with air and your good to go again.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Why would anyone think of doing business with this company? I do not care how great there product is.
Check this Polaris sight. https://www.rzrforums.net/engine-drivetrain/446273-rc2-air-filter-company-issue.html
Do more reading on the RZR FORUMS sight.

Then go check this one: https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50673

I tried calling them at 708-488-8211 Verizon gives me a message that the # is Changed, disconnected or no longer in service

As for me I will stay with my tried and proven UNI air filters.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I Have an R2C airfilter in my sportsman 1K and my rzr 900 XP, I like them, so far so good.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts