Polaris ATV Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
I thought it'd be petty, but I moved my light bar out of the radiator hole the bumper has and it's made a diff.
Fan cycles are shorter.
Fan cycles less often.
Win, win. Lol

Discussion starter · #28 ·
After a all day riding I can safety say this Racing Radiator does make a big difference ,you can go much longer between fan cycles and the time the fan is on much shorter. I'm very happy I got it .

After a all day riding I can safety say this Racing Radiator does make a big difference ,you can go much longer between fan cycles and the time the fan is on much shorter. I'm very happy I got it .
I have a 2016 sportsman 1000 xp. Can someone help me find this radiator. I’n using the part number and I’m not able to locate any. Thanks!

Can someone help me find this radiator. I’n using the part number and I’m not able to locate any. Thanks!
Font Line Window Pattern Automotive exterior
to the forum
Ball Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Font Gas

Your question has now been logged into the queue and the next available forum member will answer you shortly. You will be given more advice than you could hope for.

Only issue I had on these larger rads(thicker core) was cleaning them. Much harder to blow the shit through the core

they do work good though, had one on my grizzly 843 cc
Did you ever have heat issues with your XP1000 without this mod?

I ask because watching this video, and it didnt' seem like the guy was mudding too much (who knows what happened when cameras stopped), and he got the limp home mode. I really hate when shit breaks down and will overdesign everything accordingly!

So I'll throw my 2-cents in on this. I too bought what Crazy calls a racing radiator. I did this because my 800 was over heating more and more. The last ride I was on with the OEM rad I was saved by a guy in a new canned ham 650 that was overheating so I never got HOT because he would need to cool down before I did. So I went out and purchased a SuperATV rad that by design looks like the one Crazy installed. Plus it had a higher capacity and was slightly larger than OEM. Same results also, less fan cycles, never over heated again, and get this the notorious right leg heat was drastically reduced. Now an FYI this rad has been in for about 10yrs and has roughly 3k miles on it. Also the first 2yrs and 1,000 miles on the OEM I tended to hit a lot of NorthEast mud holes which for me were more "soupy". Once I did the SuperATV rad I avoided hitting mud holes for the most part.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts