Polaris ATV Forum banner

Racing Radiator for Sportsman XP 1000

9K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  bp405 
#1 · (Edited)
Racing Radiator for Sportsman XP 1000 has been long time coming even before I got it home that was one thing I had on my mind . Because of my 2017 Kodiak for the start seemed to run very hot and everyone on the forums agreed and I put a temperature gauge on and it was 221f with the fan running all time so a long search I found one that said it fit an older model 2012 Grizzly but I have a 2017 Kodiak and I got one and it fit and now it running at 185f no matter what.Well the Sportsman XP 1000 is not has bad as the Kodiak was but my Sportsman XP 1000 hit a tree out of nowhere but fixed it but still had replacing it with a upgrade on my mind and so searching for a Racing Radiator seemed for a long time till I saw it on Jay-parts and I wasn't going buy it for them and The Racing Radiator was made in USA so it must be available here are so still took forever ordering it to only find it's out of stock so find a shop in Florida that had one and jumped on it. It took me 2 1/2 hours get it put in and a lot longer than if was a quick switch out but it ( 2 TIMES BIGGER) so it was not only a jammed pack fit . But all in all I got it in it's a much better,very heavy metal and Bigger Radiator and I Love it and can't wait to see how much better it is on a crazy hot summer day.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Tire Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Fluid Automotive tire Gas Auto part
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

See less See more
#2 ·
🤔

#4 ·
Racing Radiator for Sportsman XP 1000 has been long time coming even before I got it home that was one thing I had on my mind . Because of my 2017 Kodiak for the start seemed to run very hot and everyone on the forums agreed and I put a temperature gauge on and it was 221f with the fan running all time so a long search I found one that said it fit an older model 2012 Grizzly but I have a 2017 Kodiak and I got one and it fit and now it running at 185f no matter what.Well the Sportsman XP 1000 is not has bad as the Kodiak was but my Sportsman XP 1000 hit a tree out of nowhere but fixed it but still had replacing it with a upgrade on my mind and so searching for a Racing Radiator seemed for a long time till I saw it on Jay-parts and I wasn't going buy it for them and The Racing Radiator was made in USA so it must be available here are so still took forever ordering it to only find it's out of stock so find a shop in Florida that had one and jumped on it. It took me 2 1/2 hours get it put in and a lot longer than if was a quick switch out but it ( 2 TIMES BETTER) so it was not only a jammed pack fit I must have something bent because I had to replace one of the spacers with 2 but to get it sit straight . But all in all I got it in it's a much better,very heavy metal and Bigger Radiator and I Love it and can't wait to see how much better it is on a crazy hot summer day. View attachment 149317 View attachment 149318 View attachment 149319 View attachment 149320 View attachment 149321
Nice! Did everything bolt to the stock locations and all stock connections tie in without any issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#5 · (Edited)
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper

Yes it fits and it's for the Sportsman XP 1000 only thing I had problem with was the spacers that come with it was at least on my Sportsman was to long and push the fan back to far against my brake line so I cut them haft and put one on both sides of the rubber bushing and had to do that because the longer bolt had short threads. Look at the new pictures as I fixed them .

#31 ·
Did you ever have heat issues with your XP1000 without this mod?

I ask because watching this video, and it didnt' seem like the guy was mudding too much (who knows what happened when cameras stopped), and he got the limp home mode. I really hate when shit breaks down and will overdesign everything accordingly!

#7 ·
I put one in my 800 years ago. Never showed "HOT" again!!

Reactions: crazyflyboy30
#10 ·
Is this the company that makes it ?

#11 ·
Is this the company that makes it ?

It's the same but FPS Racing by SuperTarrp is what is on my box and stickers. I got mine off Ebay for $405 form a dealer in Florida and the part number is FPS11-14SCRM850 and also Look this website this is part of it.(((((((
In August 2012, SuperTrapp Industries, Inc. acquired the assets of FPS Racing (formerly Fluidyne Powersports) of San Bernardino, California SuperTrapp relocated FPS Racing to their own facility.
https://supertrapp.com/brands/fps-racing
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

#14 ·
FPS11-14SCRM850 is the part number. And I checked the OEM part number to my 2018 Sportsman XP 1000 to the 2015 Sportsman XP 1000 and the part number for the Radiator and fan are the same so it should fit like mine did on the tight side but it does fit. As for a source, I got mine on Ebay for a dealer in Florida but he not showing anything right now and I paid $405 and another seller on Ebay had it cheaper but they to are out of stock. I can also sell you my old one cheap it only has 2 pin holes that I fixed and was holding for 2 years. I did it on my second ride . Never been in mud and can show you pictures if you like.

#15 ·
Thanks, but I don't do used radiators, especially repaired ones. Mine isn't leaking yet, but I'm keeping an eye on it. I'll see if I can locate the one you listed...got to be one out there somewhere...New OEM are over $700!

#20 ·
Fyi when I was searching for aftermarket fully welded rads I used the part# not the machines model and #.

#24 ·
I thought it'd be petty, but I moved my light bar out of the radiator hole the bumper has and it's made a diff.
Fan cycles are shorter.
Fan cycles less often.
Win, win. Lol

#25 ·
Automotive tail & brake light Grille Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle

#26 ·
But you have a big circle light were I took mine from.

#32 ·
So I'll throw my 2-cents in on this. I too bought what Crazy calls a racing radiator. I did this because my 800 was over heating more and more. The last ride I was on with the OEM rad I was saved by a guy in a new canned ham 650 that was overheating so I never got HOT because he would need to cool down before I did. So I went out and purchased a SuperATV rad that by design looks like the one Crazy installed. Plus it had a higher capacity and was slightly larger than OEM. Same results also, less fan cycles, never over heated again, and get this the notorious right leg heat was drastically reduced. Now an FYI this rad has been in for about 10yrs and has roughly 3k miles on it. Also the first 2yrs and 1,000 miles on the OEM I tended to hit a lot of NorthEast mud holes which for me were more "soupy". Once I did the SuperATV rad I avoided hitting mud holes for the most part.