Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just ordered a rad kit from Rubberdown Customs and expecting it next week.

I am not concerned about the front 'Dry' box as it is useless after 6 months anyways, but I am concerned about access to my fuses.

It would really suck if I had to remove hoses etc just to get access to the fuses.

Anyone have any experience with these particular models and these kits ?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JP

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I don't have any experience with their kits, but you could look at relocating the fuse box. It's probably got enough wire to move it if you clip a few ties and reroute a couple of connections.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Just curious where will it move to?

I thought the '11s already had a much higher rad, but apparently only 3" higher than previous models. 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O. Review

Where will your's move to? Some 'wheaty' type grass does get into mine but blows out pretty ez, perhaps the relocating is needed more for serious mudding?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The issue is the design of the '11s and the difficulty in cleaning the rad after a heavy ride. It's so hard and awkward to get at the whole thing without taking plastics off. Have seen a few relocate kits done on others and not only does it change the look but is actually very practical and easy to clean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts