Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 425 Magnum 4x4 that does not have a working cooling fan. I unplugged the block heat sensor, as I read that would turn the fan on by default but it did not. I ran direct wires to the fan and found the fan itself would not spin unless I helped it and so I replaced it. I wanted to replace the radiator fan temp sensor but they are no longer available part # 4110178, is there another temp sensor that would work in place of this? I know I could wire a switch for the fan directly but I would prefer it cycles as it should.

Thanks,
4-wheeler

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
You might have to get creative - first off, the early models did not default to fan on when the block sensor is unplugged

As to the radiator fan switch; adapters are invaluable - I used a Honda car temp switch in a Suzuki King Quad because the Suzuki part was no longer available. I took the old switch to Autozone and we just matched it up by thread size and length. The temp it turns on and off at is about the same for all liquid cooled engines. The Polaris switch was rather large and you might have to machine an adapter, but with a little imagination you can fix it (or at least I could) :grin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts