Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any aftermarket radiator guards? I would like to get some protection for the sides. I do a lot of woods riding and trail blazing. Would hate to puncture it in the middle of nowhere! Thanks! 2020 570

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
hey bud on the older 570s they came with side shields from the factory. you can order them and install em' on your 2020.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a company that makes a cover to block the void where a winch would go? I've been looking around and haven't seen much. I don't really need a winch, but want cover that void so stuff doesn't get in there and hit the radiator. Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
i dont know of one that makes what you're looking for. BUT GuruATV makes bumpers that can be customized for exactly what you're looking for. check them out online. then call John he's a great guy. bumpers are the best built and reasonably priced.

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
Thats right Jeremy we were talking about it and that you had gone and done it!! I'll tell you this might be a mod i might just end up doing!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup...ordered mine from partzilla. I have a 20 570 w/utility package. The front bumber that comes on that version leaves a huge opening on the front where the winch would go. Probably going to make something myself and bolt it on.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yup...ordered mine from partzilla. I have a 20 570 w/utility package. The front bumber that comes on that version leaves a huge opening on the front where the winch would go. Probably going to make something myself and bolt it on.
Sorry to bother you. Could you provide the part number from partzilla

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LH Radiator guard-5438689
RH Radiator guard-5438690
Plastic rivets-7661855
I also got some self tapping screws that someone said were needed from an old post.
Self tapping screws-7519092

·
Registered
140 Posts
LH Radiator guard-5438689
RH Radiator guard-5438690
Plastic rivets-7661855
I also got some self tapping screws that someone said were needed from an old post.
Self tapping screws-7519092
Thank you sir

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just out of curiosity I wonder why Polaris stopped using them on later models. I wonder if it was to save cost or if they ran into overheating issues with closing off the sides and having the sides open provided better air flow. Regardless, extra protection is great to have...I'm still going to get a set, but possibly router a few air channels/slots in them "just in case".

·
Registered
2019 sportsman 570
74 Posts
When I put them on my 2019 570 I have had no overheating problems. It didn’t change the engine temp from stock at all.

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
Soooooooooo I have pondered this myself. I don't think it was a cost savings motive. I think it was a over-heating issue. Two aspects that the side cover delete does IMO. One: better air flow and two: easier to service via inspection and cleaning.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just out of curiosity I wonder why Polaris stopped using them on later models. I wonder if it was to save cost or if they ran into overheating issues with closing off the sides and having the sides open provided better air flow. Regardless, extra protection is great to have...I'm still going to get a set, but possibly router a few air channels/slots in them "just in case".
Yup..... I was thinking about drilling a bunch of 3/8 holes in them to get the air flowing in there, and to be able to wash it out a little better. My only concern was big branches coming up and banging into the rad.

·
Registered
2019 sportsman 570
74 Posts
Guys really the temp gauge reads exactly the same as it did before I put the shields on riding fast or slow. I even pulled a plot master to put out my food plot to this spring and that worked it very very hard with no issues at all. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
You could put a winch there, then you’d be killing 2 birds with 1 stone 😜.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Guys really the temp gauge reads exactly the same as it did before I put the shields on riding fast or slow. I even pulled a plot master to put out my food plot to this spring and that worked it very very hard with no issues at all. Just my 2 cents
I totally get what your saying. I would rather have protection there versus not. I just might use those quad logic quick disconnects somehow when I do mine to make removal of those covers quick and easy. And for sh*ts and giggles I'll cut some slots in it for additional airflow. Depending how flimsy it gets after the slots, I might reinforce the backside of the plastic with some ss sheet metal and then use the slots in the plastic as a template, trace the slots onto the metal, cut the slots with a grinder and cutting wheel, and pop rivet that metal back plate to the plastic.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts