Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my 570 uncovered when it rained a couple days ago. I got on it yesterday to ride it around the yard. Backed up fine down the hill but when I put in in low it wouldnt go. Drained the box and dried the belt. All was good. I went looking for where the leak could be coming from and found that the boot where the snorkle is seperated under the boot was leaking bad. The water will sit down in the snorkle until you move and then it dumps into the belt box. Has anyone else had a problem with this? Im going to seal it up. It wouldnt hurt to check your snorkle boots under the seat to see if yours will leak as well. I dont know anyone close to see if my boot was put on wrong or if it something that may be an issue

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
That's crazy. Might want to check other connections and bolts ect on the machine in case you got a Friday model.

Rather be riding, instead I'm using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive looked it over pretty well and everything seems to be good other than this.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Mine did the same thing when I washed it. Didn't notice the boot was off. Needs a clamp on it. I'm going to put a couple zip ties on it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zip ties will help. I thought of that as well. i think ill try that with a little sealant just for some extra protection.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got a new 570EFI about 2 weeks ago. Had it out twice on an dirt road that has some water on it in spots. No wheres did the water go over the floor boards... Brought the bike home and washed it and went to drive it into my shed and it started slipping even when revving at 3000RPM. Did you end up solving the problem? I think it may have been the wash that did it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I washed mine good with the hose once and soaked it thoroughly. Then last Thursday and Friday I camped and it was in the rain - almost continuously. I didn't have a bit of trouble.

It is home and dry in the garage now, but I'm going to check it over good to make sure nothing like this could happen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I litterally just took mine back to the dealership. I think my clutch cover is warped or something. I'll keep you posted on the situation. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
815 Posts
mine always slips with water after a wash. IDK why it leaks so bad. I tried everything with that boot but its simply not big enough. It hardly holds both of those tubes. Serious design flaw polaris.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hear ya. I think I'm going to silicone the whole system down the road... If worse comes to worse you can just peal off the silicone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've done some research on this and know a lot of people have had issues but... The bike shouldn't get any water in it until it's submerged up to the tank. My mother had a 2001 400 sportsman that thing was always bone dry.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Large zip tie fixed mine. I can spray the boot direct an have no problems now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dealership just called and they claim one of the clamps on the lots needed to be adjusted... It's kind of funny since I had these all off and re did them myself. I'm assuming it was the top of the snorkel that connects to the rear of the clutch/belt box. I'll keep you posted as to weather I get any water in it or not.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can someone post a pic of the location of this issue....I just got my machine a couple days ago and before I do much with it I would like to check this out.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its the snorkel tube where it splits under the seat so you can access the top of the motor. I used blue rtv and zip ties. I can spray it with water directly and no water in my belt box now. The blue rtv will clean off easy for when you service the bike. A coupel more zip ties and more rtv it will seal right back up. It is a design flaw. The boot is way too short and doesnt fit well. Hopefully they will fix this in the future but for now i'll seal it up

·
Registered
43 Posts
Its the snorkel tube where it splits under the seat so you can access the top of the motor. I used blue rtv and zip ties. I can spray it with water directly and no water in my belt box now. The blue rtv will clean off easy for when you service the bike. A coupel more zip ties and more rtv it will seal right back up. It is a design flaw. The boot is way too short and doesnt fit well. Hopefully they will fix this in the future but for now i'll seal it up
Thank you...I will be sure to check it out. Already had a coolant leak from the temp sensor (I assumed that is what it was) not being fully tightened...so its good to see others with some issues, what they are and what they are doing to fix them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you...I will be sure to check it out. Already had a coolant leak from the temp sensor (I assumed that is what it was) not being fully tightened...so its good to see others with some issues, what they are and what they are doing to fix them.
Thats why we are here. :veryhappy:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got the bike back from the dealership today. They claim it was the top part of that snorkel. Someone didn't put the zip ties on it. I'm still not convinced since I had the entire clutch/belt box apart (shhhh don't tell the dealership) when I had the box apart there was some small rocks and dirt in at the bottom of the seal.

Has anyone else noticed a gap in their clutch/belt box? And if you've taken it apart has there been dirt in the seal?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sportsman 570 touring.

I have had the same issue. My 570 is only 30 days old. I took it back to dealer today and was told that the seal on belt box was not installed properly at factory. They told me they would replace it and that should fix issue. I could not find any other places that we're not perfectly sealed. I will let everyone know when I get it back from dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm going to see how it holds up and take it back again if it persists. Down the road I'll probably just silicone the whole system since you can just peel it off when you need to take it apart.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts