Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am on my fourth Polaris Sportsman, and I have enjoyed each and every one but I think this one is going to be the best ever. My question is this.:ponder: I purchased some Ralley lights and I am not quite sure of how to hook them into the system. Should I wire them directly to the battery with a fuse and switch, or should I try t find the high beam wire and go through that. Would it effect my fuse if I do? These are only 35watt lights and will only draw about 2.9 amps each. Anyone installed similar items yet on their new 2009 550?

·
Registered
421 Posts
if im not mistaken there is a acc power wires under the speedo plastic or its under the headlight pod. id add a switch. just cuz your not spliceing into oem wires and then it wont give the warranty dept a reason not to fix something electonic, and reason 2 is if you ever have lighting issues least you will still have another set to fall back on. least thats what i think.

·
Premium Member
20,001 Posts
And welcome to the board!

·
Registered
108 Posts
acc power is under the front rack. the lights i've put on (polaris brand) come with switch, wiring and all. Very easy to mount. Dont tie into the oem wires...warranty doesn't like that much at all. Trust me

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree get the whole thing from Polaris wires in much easier I have these on my 550 and I installed them not the dealer,easy with the proper components

1 - 5 of 5 Posts