Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. Got my new 2012 500 HO on Friday. Love it. Now I need a loading ramp. Im looking for a trailer but a ramp in the meantime will suffice. I think I have it narrowed down to 2 choices. Cabelas has a sale starting the 12th on a Yutrax Trifold ramp. I have a gift card. So after the card it would be about 80ish bucks. Specs are unfolded 69" long X 50" wide. 1750 lbs. Can also place plywood in the slats to make a smooth ramp. My other choice is the Rage Powersports TF-7754. Can be had for about 180is online with shipping. 77" long X 54" wide. 1500lbs. Im loading into a 2008 F150 Supercrew. Stock, no lift. But its still pretty tall on the back end. Will the 69" ramps be ok? Anyone have these ramps? Thanks ........

·
Registered
919 Posts
Go with the longer ramp. I have the 69" ramp for the back of my Dodge Dually and I always wish I had a little more. On paper it doesn't seem like much longer but it makes a real difference. The more speed control you have the less chance of overdoing it and ramming the front of your bed or worse, the rear window. The extra width doesn't hurt either.

Good luck and enjoy your new ride!

Stew

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Go longer! I wish mine was about a foot longer....

Work sucks, thats why i'm on my iphone!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
yep, 7ft is comfortable for an avg truck.. I went with 7.5ft ramps and its even better.. More length = more control..

·
Registered
361 Posts
imho the longer ramps are way better, it might seem like a small difference but, its huge,
i climb onto my trailer's sides (project) and its lower than a pickup and 77" ones are too steep imho.

the longer the better if they can hold the weight-load.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok. I guess thats pretty unanimous. I was more worried about the width. Guess I should be looking at length. I like the tri-fold design. Maybe I will keep looking. Do most every one pull into the bed going forward? I see some on the road backed into the bed but more pulled in. Wondering what most do. I know, I know....Damn newbs....:nixweiss:Thanks....

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Depends on if i have a bank to load the truck using the ramps or not....most the time i pull straight in

Work sucks, thats why i'm on my iphone!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Straight in, but no if you have a brushguard. Before I put my front brushguard on it fit great straight in. After putting the brushguard on I busted my back glass. This is due to me "bumping" my cab with the front tires. With the brushguard it hits before the tires. AN ANGONIZING, COSTLY MISTAKE.

·
Registered
298 Posts
longer ramps for the win. You can also use a grip coat paint for better traction on the metal.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
When I only take 1 wheeler somewhere I put it in the bed of the truck. Trifold ramps are the way to go. And yes, the longer the better. Even if someone says length doesn't matter , they're lying. I do pull my wheeler straight in despite the brush guard. Thankfully though I had an experienced friend tell me early that, "everyone breaks their back window at least once." Well I had to put new tires o. The trailer I had at the time. I kept the old tires and screwed hooks into the sidewall. They fit right over the front of the brush guard and prevent the metal from hitting the window. 3 years without breaking my back window.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts