Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping some of you guys out there with some experience can guide me in the right direction. I just got my new Polaris 500 HO and this is my first quad, I am very excited. I would like to purchase ramps to put the quad in the bed of my Honda Ridgeline. I see that the Polaris ramps are 200 bucks and I would like to try and avoid spending that much money on ramps if possible. I see there are many ramps in the 100 to 150 range, which I would not mind spending but my concern is the weight since the 500 Ho is very heavy. Does anyone have suggestion on a decent ramp that would hold this weight without issues, or am I better off just sucking it up and spending the 200 bucks?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 2002 500 wieghs 700-750 so just make sure tthe ramps are rated for your weight, Ive seen ramps at home depot for around 130.00.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Check the farm and home stores also and Bass Pro and Cabellas. My friend uses the treated 2 x 6 boards with the metal plate bolted to the end that sits on the tailgate. That seems to be the cheapest way out.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have these. I have used for about 6 years with no issues. Last trip out my buddy rode his 700 Sportsman up too fast and with ramp not on the trailer square and broke off the lip extender on one side. We had to jamb a tire iron in it the rest of the trip. He spun the tires and pulled the ramp loos on one side and put the full weight on the of the quad on one end. I am going to reinforce the ends and it should be fine again. Before this trip i just used it for Scramblers and trailblazers.

1500 Lb. Capacity Tri-Fold Aluminum Ramp

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
if you are gonna ride alot and load and unload your machine from your truck mine 2 cent is dont buy a cheap ramp. i bought some from cabelas and they worked fine for 5 years, they started to get bowed in the first couple feet. i got rid of them cause i was gettting leary of them finally bending in half. i have black widows know and there a much stronger ramp for the same price. mine point of the story is if you see your self loading up every weekend for a few years like me, spend the xtra money and time and get a ramp that will last. other wise you will pay twice.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
if you are gonna ride alot and load and unload your machine from your truck mine 2 cent is dont buy a cheap ramp. i bought some from cabelas and they worked fine for 5 years, they started to get bowed in the first couple feet. i got rid of them cause i was gettting leary of them finally bending in half. i have black widows know and there a much stronger ramp for the same price. mine point of the story is if you see your self loading up every weekend for a few years like me, spend the xtra money and time and get a ramp that will last. other wise you will pay twice.
I agree 110%. Its funny how people spend thousands for toys then they go and buy a cheap trailer & crappy racks to load it with. I cant count the times I have been on the highway seen a truck with 40K +++ in quads is being hauled with a crappy & rusty trailer I wound not haul my sons tricycle with. I just cant understand peoples mentality sometimes? :shocked:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sportsman 2013 /Honda ridgeline

Hey Folks,
Picking up my 2013 Sportsman tomorrow and i am wondering if it will fit in the bed of my 2007 Honda Ridgeline??? Thanks Joey

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have a set of trifolds I got for my 500. From tractor supply. They hold up great even with my 300 lb butt on the bike and 27 vampires

1 - 12 of 12 Posts