Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2016 sportsman 450. I know they have the 570 engine this year. My issue is random stalling while using it. I know it’s electronic throttle but when it stalls, then I smack the throttle box/paddle and it will work fine after... I haven’t gotten a code and it’s only done it a couple times. Do these have the connectors inside like the old style that when they touch it kills the engine.. could it be wet internally? Should I disconnect everything check for water and corrosion and dialectric all the connectors on it. I was seat deep the week before this started. No water in the air box and dry so I don’t think it sucked any water and ran fine till I parked it for 2 weeks. Where’s the location of the tank vent too. I’d like to check it. Thanks for any help and insight.

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
13,341 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
13,341 Posts
Do you have anything besides the ATV key hanging on your ignition switch?

·
Registered
497 Posts
How deep do you normally take it?

·
Premium Member
13,341 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anybody find the issue with this? OP, did you notice the stalls only happen when it's hot? My wot stalling problems started after a real wet day on the trails too. I found myself balls deep in the ol mud puddles that day, but never got stuck or swamped. On the way back to the cabin it started, and it has gotten worse and worse. I'm thinking it's a bad wire somewhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts