Polaris ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings and thanks in advance for your assistance. I'm working on a 2011 Polaris Ranger 800 efi that has me scratching my brain. It refuses to refire after I shut it off until an undetermined lapse of time. The engine temperature seems to have no influence on the lack of refire. I've installed an ignition tester and the plugs are not receiving electricity during this time. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
12,923 Posts
Codes???

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,150 Posts
Greetings and thanks in advance for your assistance. I'm working on a 2011 Polaris Ranger 800 efi that has me scratching my brain. It refuses to refire after I shut it off until an undetermined lapse of time. The engine temperature seems to have no influence on the lack of refire. I've installed an ignition tester and the plugs are not receiving electricity during this time. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!!
Welcome to the forum

·
Premium Member
2008 800 ho efi, 2019 850 SP premium
9,150 Posts
I know you said you have a spark tester installed? Not quite sure what that is but most EFI issues are always fuel related more directly the fuel pump. Install a pressure test gauge in the fuel rail port and check your fuel pressure.

·
Registered
14,477 Posts
Check the battery voltage - when trying to restart - if the voltage falls below about 9 volts when cranking the engine, there may be no spark - might be a weak battery or a charging system problem - a good battery will recover as it sets unused and the voltage may rise to a level necessary to fire the engine. Maybe try turning on accessories to get it to die or turning off accessories to get it to start.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check the battery voltage - when trying to restart - if the voltage falls below about 9 volts when cranking the engine, there may be no spark - might be a weak battery or a charging system problem - a good battery will recover as it sets unused and the voltage may rise to a level necessary to fire the engine. Maybe try turning on accessories to get it to die or turning off accessories to get it to start.
Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know you said you have a spark tester installed? Not quite sure what that is but most EFI issues are always fuel related more directly the fuel pump. Install a pressure test gauge in the fuel rail port and check your fuel pressure.
My bad, I installed an in-line spark plug tester and get no spark on restart attempts. Would you happen to know what fuel pressure range I should have? Thank you.

·
Registered
14,477 Posts
I could not find code 686 - I think you should take it to a dealer for diagnosis with Digital Wrench
Font Number Parallel Pattern Screenshot

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Just curious why this thread is in Atv of the Month section. Maybe it’s destined to be a winner!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts