Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing i am not to imprest with on my atv is the thing rattles and vibrates everything to death. So i decided to make it alittle more solid. Here are some pic's of my solution. I took the syrofoam shipping wrap that my rack extender was in and cut it into 8 in squares. Then i doubled it up and tucked it into the channel where the running board slips over the front and rear fenders. Next i trippled up the shipping wrap in to 1in squares and put a hole into them with a leather punch. I put them in between the plastic panels in every spot were there are those push pin retainers. After that i trimmed them with a razor blade. Lastly i found that the majoraty of the rattles was coming from the intake tube where it tucks under the gas tank cover plastic fairing dohikky thing. I just pushed the foam insulator up alittle farther and solved that problem. ITS LIKE A BRAND NEW MACHINE! OH WAIT IT IS! It is like night and day. It feels like a machine that was really made in the USA. SOLID!! If there was a tech section on this forum i would put this in there and recomend doing this to everyone of your machine's. I think you will be happy with the time spend as i was!

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
i agree with you, they are rattle boxs and it did drive me crazy, what i did was sililar to what you did...i just used weather stripping...sticky side in...and it worked good....good tip brother.....Muddie49

1 - 2 of 2 Posts