Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed RD's pads on the Scrambler 1K.
Following a one day (130 some odd miles) ride at H&M, I feel I can now provide an accurate review of the pads.
I wouldn't say there is much of a difference between Polaris pads and RD's pads as far as grab goes out of the gate. What I will say is that over a long ride at high rates of speed and hills requiring lots of braking, the pads did not show an ounce of fade.
I can not give a review on the life of the pads at this point, but so far so good!

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
I've used RD pads and the held up well. EBC sets the bar in my opinion. But if you don't need a high performance pad the RD fits the bill. They are a good working long lasting reasonably priced pad.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot that I started this thread.
When I originally posted this it was following some pretty serious riding at H&M, but prior to my next service.
After my service, which was directly after the H&M ride, I learned that 2 of the 4 corners were down to the metal on the brake pads. I did notice a little squeaking in the brakes towards the end of the trip, but figured it was just dust/dirt.
I had all brake pads replaced back to oem as the RD's were garbage after one trip to H&M.
The dealer also informed me that the pads had literally fallen apart at the rivets that held them together.
My experience with RD is not so good.
I second EBC.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i've never used anything other than EBC pads and have never had a issue, ever.

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
I blew threw the OEM's in under 300 miles and began using EBC. To my surprise my dealer only used EBC pads exclusively for all his repairs. The reason I went with RD was a fellow member swore by them saying they were equivalent to EBC with a smaller price tag. So I tried them and they were sufficient. I would recommend them. BUT like I said EBC sets the bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts