Polaris ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out riding my 2000 Sportsman 500 last Saturday and broke my left side front A-Arm. When that happened the axle shaft pulled out of the CV joint. I have a used A-Arm on the way and in the mean time I will re attach the axle shaft. I got the c clip already so all I should need to do is pull the boot (attached to the cv joint, no tears or cracks so the cv should be fine), put the c-clip on the axle shaft and put it into the cv until it snaps into place? Is there more to it? This is my first time to mess with one of these myself, thanks in advance for your help.

·
11,302 Posts
What happened to the original circlip? Just line up the shaft with the spider and pop it back together then put the boot band back on.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What happened to the original circlip? Just line up the shaft with the spider and pop it back together then put the boot band back on.

I don't know what happened to it, it's either on the ground at the cross bar ranch, in the cv, or ?...thanks for the response. Hopefully I'll find the circlip so I don't have to tear down the cv looking for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts